Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest T-Virus

I wonder...

Guest T-Virus

What would my acne be like if I had never popped any pimples or used any chemicals on my face? Would it be better or worse than it is now?

I wonder the same.. about putting chemicals on my face.. I wonder how my face would be if I never used BP..

Try it and see.

That's what I've decided, after 3 years of just putting masive crap on my face, I am doing just the hot water dip and apple cider vingar.

No more BP it was not working and I can't get rid of my red marks with that crap.

If you feel like nothing is working for you, just go for it, don't do anything, just use hot water and moisturizer if you need to, your face eventually will smooth out hopefully.

I haven't see a HUGE improvement since i've only been doing it for 3 days however i can see my red marks are starting to even out so there is something happening finally.

Well, i'm still fairly young (18), but had been on retinols for about 2 years. They didnt help and actually made my face worse. Then I decided to go my own way and get away from the dermatologists and tried the CSR(DKR) and surprisingly it helped my acne tons, but I hated the way my face felt. I hated the hurting of my face when a new spot would come out. I hated how it didn't feel normal. So i stopped using BP after only 3 months. I haven't used anything on my face in about 3-4 months, including cleansing, BP, or retinols and now if I get a new spot it doesnt hurt, my face feels softer, and my skin tone looks better. I actually havent gotten a new spot in over 2 months though. I'm not suggesting for everyone to quit using products on their face, but I can see where it might help some people if they have been using harsh products because harsh products might irritate the skin more and cause more acne. I dont think i'll ever go back to BP. I recently purchased Paulas Choice BHA Gel and am waiting for it to come in the mail because I want to get rid of my clogged pores and then I will see what happens from there.

Hi,

Well for three months now, I have stopped putting bp on, I wear no make up and I only wash my face with water (although I have ordered some Clinique Acne soap the other day). My face feels so much better, the other day I used Nutrogena face wash and my face went red raw.

So now I am never putting anything back on it!

On one hand, I would love to pare down to just a soap or cleanser of some kind and see what would happen. But on the other hand, I'm too much of a chicken to try it. It seems that if I get lazy and skip one part of my 3-step skincare routine, my skin scolds me and breaks out--I can't imagine what would happen if I were to abandon the whole routine. At this point, my skin's not great, but it's not super horrible either. I'm not brave enough to take a chance yet.

Sometimes it kind of sucks to think that I may be dependent on my BP for life. Stupid skin!!