evan

My Regimen

I have acne that consists of cysts and A LOT of oil. My regimen:

MORNING (7 o clock)

Wash with Specro Gel (extremely good)

Wait 15

Apply 2% Clindamycin in cetaphil cl

Wait 5-15

Apply differin (sometimes gel, sometimes creme)

AFTER SCHOOL (4 oclock)

OPTIONAL IF I HAVE A LOT OF DEAD SKIN Wash with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne wash (2% salicyic acid)

Wait 15

Apply 2% Clindamycin in cetaphil Cl

NIGHT (10 oclock)

Wash with Spectro gel

Wait 15

Apply Benzamycin (5% benzol peroxide 3% erythromycin)

The cetaphil and benzamycin seem to be keeping my acne under control with little dryness but I was just perscribed differin (which does not conflict with clindamycin) for my oilyness. It seems to be working but lately my face has been really dry and my derm has not said anything about a moisturizer. I bought Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer. I just started using it 15 minutes after I apply benzamycin at night and sometimes after I apply the differen (before school) or after I apply the clindamycin (after school). I want to continue this because it seems to be working good but my face is really dry. Will the moisturizer conflict with my treatment?

Evan, I haven't used the products you're using (I got clear using Dan's regimen) but it seems to me you should be using a sunblock as well - my sunblock doubles as moisturiser during the day. Hasn't your derm recommended that? Especially because a lot of acne treatment products render your skin more sensitive to the sun.

Evan, I haven't used the products you're using (I got clear using Dan's regimen) but it seems to me you should be using a sunblock as well - my sunblock doubles as moisturiser during the day. Hasn't your derm recommended that? Especially because a lot of acne treatment products render your skin more sensitive to the sun.