Notifications
Clear all

Yasmin

MemberMember
(@xxxxxxx)

Posted : 12/16/2006 4:08 pm

hey guys..well i went to the derm. and she prescribed me Yasmin birth control..my acnes not TOO bad but it does bother me..there are a few cysts too. its mostly around my chin/a tiny bit on my jawline, and basically on the lower half of my face. --does this mean it's hormonal?-- im 15.

do you think i should give it a try? im sort of afraid because some people have said that its horrible, but then on the other hand people have said its the best. i do NOT want to make my acne worse =( !

thanks guys.

MemberMember
(@amandas_jewels)

Posted : 12/16/2006 4:19 pm

hey guys..well i went to the derm. and she prescribed me Yasmin birth control..my acnes not TOO bad but it does bother me..there are a few cysts too. its mostly around my chin/a tiny bit on my jawline, and basically on the lower half of my face. --does this mean it's hormonal?-- im 15.

do you think i should give it a try? im sort of afraid because some people have said that its horrible, but then on the other hand people have said its the best. i do NOT want to make my acne worse =( !

thanks guys.

I think it is more important to understand that different things will work for some people but not for others. I personally have been on Yasmin and I had some good results. I also think that it is best for you to try it out to see if it will help you. If it is not helping and worsening your condition, by any means, stop taking it and talk to your dermatologist. If it does work for you then great. If it does not, then there will be other options for you. Best wishes to you. ;)

MemberMember
(@xxxxxxx)

Posted : 12/16/2006 5:57 pm

thank you :) anyone else have any experiences/know anything about it?

MemberMember
(@mitsey)

Posted : 12/17/2006 7:56 am

Yes give it a try - what have you to lose?

MemberMember
(@beentheredonethat)

Posted : 12/17/2006 7:17 pm

its mostly around my chin/a tiny bit on my jawline, and basically on the lower half of my face. --does this mean it's hormonal?--

That is the classic presentation of hormonal acne, and Yasmin is the current preferred BC brand for women with acne, I personally love it and think you should give either Yasmin or it's sister pill Yaz (same anti-androgenic progesterone componenent with a lower estrogen dose) a try.

MemberMember
(@aussiegirl)

Posted : 12/17/2006 9:18 pm

I went on Yasmin last year and it made my skin perfect for about 6 months. Unfortunately it seems that after about a year, it starts to lose its effectiveness - and I got cysts etc again, and changed my pill to Estelle 35, which has brought my skin under control, but not as quickly as Yasmin, which had me clear within 2 weeks of starting it.

MemberMember
(@xxxxxxx)

Posted : 12/17/2006 11:48 pm

Alright sweet, thanks guys. Did you guys gain weight on it , though?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/18/2006 12:45 am

thanks guys.

Yasmin is one of the most reputible brands (if not the best) of birthcontrol pills. I think it would be worth a shot; if you dont like it you can always go off of it and try another brand or just go off birth control pills completely.

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 12/19/2006 1:20 pm

Moved to Prescriptions forum.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/20/2006 3:50 pm

Alright sweet, thanks guys. Did you guys gain weight on it , though?

I havent but then again Ive only been on it since sunday lol

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 12/21/2006 2:33 pm

Moved to new Hormonal subforum.

MemberMember
(@bitemeblondie)

Posted : 06/02/2011 5:21 am

omg i love this pill! I went on it last year when I was 15 and I had the same really inflamed stuff around my chin. It was so painful & itchy.. sometimes I took hayfever tablets to stop it it was just around my chin & jawline and I wear a lot of make up anyway even when I don't have acne but I literally had to cake it on and it would just be so heavy so in summer i looked like an idiot! So I went to the doctors to go on the pill as I'd tried everything else and it worked so well! Cleared up my skin in like 2 weeks, not completely but I'm still on it now and I have a few pimples but I can actually go to the gym or whatever with no makeup on my face which I'm so happy about. I would definitely recommend Yasmin over other contraceptives. My twin sister was on dianette and it was a horrible experience for everyone! she was raging, angry and put on like a stone - no joke. Her awful mood was birth control in itself haha. Yasmin hasn't made me gain weight, I think if you're sensible what you eat & exercise then going on the pill can't really affect you. 100% recommend this for any girls who have hormonal acne! I put a picture on of just the side of my face and think I had a lot of makeup on that night! xx

post-151857-1307010062_thumb.jpg

post-151857-1307010062_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@tasmiah-mahmud)

Posted : 07/09/2019 11:30 am

On 12/18/2006 at 10:18 AM, aussiegirl said:

I went on Yasmin last year and it made my skin perfect for about 6 months. Unfortunately it seems that after about a year, it starts to lose its effectiveness - and I got cysts etc again, and changed my pill to Estelle 35, which has brought my skin under control, but not as quickly as Yasmin, which had me clear within 2 weeks of starting it.

how long did it take for estelle to clear ur acne?