Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EastOfEden

Isn't using a truckload of BP on your face a BAD THING??

Why is using sooo much bp on your face necessary? The extra amount you put on your face makes your skin dry out worse, which means you gotta use MORE moisturizer...it's all just SO MUCH CRAP ON YER FACE!! Not knocking the regimen, but it seems like maxing out on the benzoyl peroxide=even dryer skin which = bigger moisturizer use which =overload of product on the skin. I feel its like when you eat until your full and then you over do it by having a huge desert afterwards and then you get a chinese riot going on in your stomach (you know those sounds I'm talkin about).

Wouldn't using half as much still do the job as long as all the problem areas are covered and not saturated? I'm trying this out right now. Anybody whose scaled down on the amount of BP they use, gimme a holler and tell me if it's workin for you. I'm just afraid of my face turning into a blizzard of flakes from toooo much bp. Yuck.

A good point I think. I have never used that much, although I don´t think putting a lot on will really damage your skin much with 2.5%. I think Dan´s instruction is just based on his own personal experience, but I´ld be interested to hear anything more conclusive.

Dude, once your skin gets used to the BP, you will only have to use the same amount of moisurizer that you would normally use. You also need to take around 5min massaging it into your skin. You should use as much BP as your face can handle until you clear and then you can experiment with smaller dosages

just use a dime size on each half of your face

don't use too much or your face gets discolored

The regimen works because you are using so much bp. That is the bottom line for most people. You can try less, but it will likely not work as well, and you will not be on the regimen. Since you are using 2.5% bp, there is little worry of using too much, at least once your skin becomes accustomed to bp.

I used small amounts of bp for years with minimal results. Once I started being very generous, I got clear.

-Dan