Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
papag

Before Pic's (Subscision/Fat Trasfer/Excision)

Hi papag,

Congrats on your success. I was always under the impression that fat was a temporary filler, at the most lasting one or two years. Are you sure that is permanent? If so, it seems like you chose the best possible route for success.

Hi papag,

Congrats on your success. I was always under the impression that fat was a temporary filler, at the most lasting one or two years. Are you sure that is permanent? If so, it seems like you chose the best possible route for success.

Papag

You're giving me hope, there is no suture line i can see and this what scared me. Because a suture line will appear as a white line in my face.. Nevermind the redness, really it will go away after 6months but i think you should definately start using some type hyperpigmentation regimen to speed recovery such as l-abscorbic (vit c) maybe copper peptides, HA, at this time is crucial. Please keep us posted on your progress and congratulations.

The red mark is the scar but just in the early stages of healing. The final scar will be in about 12 months which is usually a thin white line, usually totally inconspicuous. In my case what was noticably red for about 9 months disappeared to a little white scar barely visible at the 12-15 month mark.

The red mark is the scar but just in the early stages of healing. The final scar will be in about 12 months which is usually a thin white line, usually totally inconspicuous. In my case what was noticably red for about 9 months disappeared to a little white scar barely visible at the 12-15 month mark.

update...

yes please. papag - do you have updated pics. I'm wondering what it is looking like now.

Hey Papaq,

Have you had your post-op appointment yet with the doc? What is his feedback on your healing so far with the excision done on your cheek?

Is the residual yellow color from fading brusing or the fat showing through or something else? We have a doctor here that likes the fat grafting and says with his technique its permanent. I was going to look into it after the fraxel, but surprised about the yellow so long after the treatment, as my skin is very fair and probably would be more obvious on me than you. Thanks for your thorough updates on this.

Hey Papaq,

Have you had your post-op appointment yet with the doc? What is his feedback on your healing so far with the excision done on your cheek?

Is the residual yellow color from fading brusing or the fat showing through or something else? We have a doctor here that likes the fat grafting and says with his technique its permanent. I was going to look into it after the fraxel, but surprised about the yellow so long after the treatment, as my skin is very fair and probably would be more obvious on me than you. Thanks for your thorough updates on this.

Hi Papag

Currently I have been getting fraxel and subcision treatments concurrently.

My skin seems to be showing some real improvement now,

but the area around my left temple seems to be resistant to

smoothing out and I am considering fat transfer as a final step,

once I am fully healed and have completed the laser treatments.

I have had fat transfer a couple of times in the past, about ten years ago, but found

that it did not last any longer than collagen or any other filler.

What technique is your doctor using to encourage the fat tissue to

survive the transfer? I am hoping that in ten year's time, there have been

some break throughs in methodology.

Your skin looks very good, btw.

Annde

Hi Papag

Currently I have been getting fraxel and subcision treatments concurrently.

My skin seems to be showing some real improvement now,

but the area around my left temple seems to be resistant to

smoothing out and I am considering fat transfer as a final step,

once I am fully healed and have completed the laser treatments.

I have had fat transfer a couple of times in the past, about ten years ago, but found

that it did not last any longer than collagen or any other filler.

What technique is your doctor using to encourage the fat tissue to

survive the transfer? I am hoping that in ten year's time, there have been

some break throughs in methodology.

Your skin looks very good, btw.

Annde