Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ilovepancakes

nonverbal communication

Body language can mean the difference of getting a job or not getting a job, getting the second date or not, getting that speeding ticket or not. It is important. You say more with how you move than with what you actually say. It's especially important in first impressions because it's those first 2 seconds when people decide how they feel about you (though most don't even realize it). Read Blink.

Body language can mean the difference of getting a job or not getting a job, getting the second date or not, getting that speeding ticket or not. It is important. You say more with how you move than with what you actually say. It's especially important in first impressions because it's those first 2 seconds when people decide how they feel about you (though most don't even realize it). Read Blink.

I agree mostly. People can always change their impression of you, but NEVER their first one.

I agree mostly. People can always change their impression of you, but NEVER their first one.

Ok, you're right. I'll rephrase: In those first 2 seconds, you set the tone. From there, it's an up hill battle to change an opinion of you. It's subconscious. And it's animal instinct. We make snap judgements to protect ourselves. And our brains process so much information on a subconscious level. We are constantly being bombarded by information. That's why our subconscious exists. If we were fully aware of all the impressions we were receiving, we'd never be able to make a decision. We'd have to actually think through every possible outcome. (Which actually does happen with people who have certain people who've had brain damage in, i think, their frontal lobe. It takes these people 2 hours to decide whether or not they want whipped cream on their caramel macchiato.) So, unless you're talking to someone with brain damage, it would be in your best interest to stand up straight.

Guest No Pride

And the best part about it is you have the ability to CHANGE if the way you are is giving off weird vibes. Analyze yourself, you can do it. Get Kitty's book that she talks about 1000 times a day. People really do make judgments within seconds of meeting you. Thats why a lot in the "acne community" think they are looked down upon by society. Acne sucks but people understand it. If you are confident then you have little to worry about because people know they can't get to you. If they have even the slightest notion that you are insecure about it they will PICK at it and make fun. Its sick, I know..but we are animals that have recently developed a bit of intelligent. The confident person laughs off peoples jokes and does not let it effect him or her. The insecure person throws a fit or cries. The confident person stands up tall and lets NOTHING get to them. The insecure person walks with their head down, seeks attention and pity. The confident person will be respected by society, the insecure one ridiculed or left alone. Which one do you want to be? No matter how far down the wrong road you are, TURN BACK! Make the decision to be a better person. If it requires drugs to help you then do it.

And the best part about it is you have the ability to CHANGE if the way you are is giving off weird vibes. Analyze yourself, you can do it. Get Kitty's book that she talks about 1000 times a day. People really do make judgments within seconds of meeting you. Thats why a lot in the "acne community" think they are looked down upon by society. Acne sucks but people understand it. If you are confident then you have little to worry about because people know they can't get to you. If they have even the slightest notion that you are insecure about it they will PICK at it and make fun. Its sick, I know..but we are animals that have recently developed a bit of intelligent. The confident person laughs off peoples jokes and does not let it effect him or her. The insecure person throws a fit or cries. The confident person stands up tall and lets NOTHING get to them. The insecure person walks with their head down, seeks attention and pity. The confident person will be respected by society, the insecure one ridiculed or left alone. Which one do you want to be? No matter how far down the wrong road you are, TURN BACK! Make the decision to be a better person. If it requires drugs to help you then do it.

So have you read it yet? lol well?

Where can I get this book you wrote?

Where can I get this book you wrote?

LOL I didn't write it. Barnes and Noble, Borders, Amazon.com

Very good read.

Btw what is a pancake?

am i missing some joke or do you really not know what a pancake is? lol

Very good read.

Btw what is a pancake?

No, I have no idea what a pancake is! I presume it is some sort of cake though?

Very good read.

Btw what is a pancake?

You know, flapjacks, griddlecakes, hotcakes. Pancakes are the same.

Guest No Pride
Very good read.

Btw what is a pancake?

You know, flapjacks, griddlecakes, hotcakes. Pancakes are the same.

Its a special type of cake made in a pan (hence the name). Primarily used in weddings in America but I like to have them as snacks too!