Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did you ever realize that some of your problems might not even be acne related? I know mine aren't, but I guess that I can trace it all back to being ugly and feeling ugly though. I guess it just makes things worse when you wake up with new pimples. So what does everyone else think?

i guess with me i just feel that if i had clear skin i would have the courage to do all i ever wanted..

that nothing could hold me back..

i'm not a depressed person..

i just have low-self esteem when it comes to my "facial" appearence....

but we need to stop giving acne control!!

we have to control our acne!!

haha

I've always sort of felt that I was ugly. I've have plenty of people tell me i'm pretty but I don't believe them. I'm currently in 8th grade and I'm always comparing myself to other girls. Not to mention there is always atleast 2 or 3 guys that are huge butt holes and descide to call me ugly to my face. I always listen to the negative and never the positive. And having acne just cemented in my mind that i'm ugly.

I know that it kind of makes you feel bad. We all feel that way at some time or another that we are ugly. I don't think anyone but the most ugly girl has called me ugly before but I still don't ALWAYS believe I'm pretty either.

I can't believe the amount of beautiful girls that consider themselves ugly. When they are not the slightest. I either think two things about the particular girl:

-the girl is being overly dramatic and knows she's pretty

-the girl has no idea what she is talking about or her self image doesnt match what I'm seeing or hearing.

It makes me rethink If I'm attractive or not. I mean, I could be overlooking the fact that I am goodlooking. Because to be honest I don't think I'm am good looking, but I nkow I have potential to be. So am I and I just don't see it? This is why people ask people to rate them on websites.

I can't believe the amount of beautiful girls that consider themselves ugly. When they are not the slightest. I either think two things about the particular girl:

-the girl has no idea what she is talking about or her self image doesnt match what I'm seeing or hearing.

It makes me rethink If I'm attractive or not. I mean, I could be overlooking the fact that I am goodlooking. Because to be honest I don't think I'm am good looking, but I nkow I have potential to be. So am I and I just don't see it? This is why people ask people to rate them on websites.

Yeah, I agree. I have to think about it because sometimes I actually do fish for compliments and other times I feel terrible about myself. I think it differs for everyone. I bet that EVERYONE has the potential to be gorgeous someday or later. There just might be one thing they need to change in order to be prettier. I don't think we need to change a lot though because that's who we are. I agree about the rating thing. A lot of people, including me want to be rated because we really don't know what other people really think about us and want to know.

I think wanting to be rated is a natural thing. I mean you go from day to day and most of the time you never know what people think about you. I'm sorry but i've known some very unattractive(I feel bad for saying that) girls that think they are the most gorgeous thing to walk the earth, and other people agree that they are ugly. I think it would be nice if maybe I could know what people think about me on a day to day basis, wether it good or bad, maybe that's just me. Though I would never get anyone to rate me.

yeah. i think we all want to know what people think of us but can't exactly because everyone thinks differently. that's why we kind of lie to ourselves/

well it's annoying when you use to have girls liking you and wanting to go out with you and then it goes to nobody taking any interest in you at all. You start to think something's wrong with you.

Oh yeah. I'd have to agree. I've been through that, except for with guys.

i have lots of problems these days, and altho they may not directly be linked to acne.....acne has definately been a factor in most of them (if that makes sense) lol

i guess with me i just feel that if i had clear skin i would have the courage to do all i ever wanted..

that nothing could hold me back..

I feel the same way. Acne and my scarred up face make it nearly impossible for me to find the courage to do pretty much anything.

Did you ever realize that some of your problems might not even be acne related? I know mine aren't, but I guess that I can trace it all back to being ugly and feeling ugly though. I guess it just makes things worse when you wake up with new pimples. So what does everyone else think?

I think if your biggest problem is acne, you're doing pretty fucking good. Everyone here, I think, has issues that are exacerbated by acne. Most of us would probably still be fucked up even if we only ever had clear skin.

I'm not sure if acne's the big issue or not. Or if it's overall self esteem issues or depression or whatever. Or if they are tightly related.

I have noticed my tolerance for acne has decreased on Accutane, though. Now if I get a couple mild spots from a breakout I get so pissed off. Whereas earlier this year I probably would have overlooked them (if it weren't for the itching and pain).

This could mean it's mainly acne, but maybe not because no matter ow improved my skin gets I'll still be pissed off about it. Even if I was clear of actives I'd still be frustrated with marks. I'm never happy.

Yeah. It's overall selfesteem. And I'm pretty sure I would still be screwed up with clear skin too because I've had clear skin before. lol