Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cooloser

Does anyone have THIS??

I'm coming up to my 4th month on accutane and it's not working, so I'm preparing myself for a return to all those lovely topicals and prescriptions once I finish my course.

I was thinking, people have success with different things and they have all different types of acne, so here's my deal:

I'm 23, started breaking out mod-severely around 20

Oil has not been my problem

I get whiteheads that slowly turn into pimples

Mostly on my cheeks and jawline like a "beard" shape

Can anyone relate as far as the type and placement of this acne? If so, what have you had success with?

I'd love to hear some feedback as far as what has worked to help keep whiteheads from forming...Accutane didn't do it so I'm hoping I'll find something else!

I'd really love to hear any helpful info, especially if it's a success story!

Could someone please reply to this?? anyone with non-oily skin, around the jawline acne, let me know what has worked for them???

Please some info anything I'm desperate!!

I hear people quite often say that acne around the chin/jaw area is usually a sign of hormonal acne.

Try birth control maybe?

Talk with your dermatologist about different birth control options.

Yasmin is one I have personally taken and had good results with.

Sometimes treating acne with birth control is more effective when pared with Antibiotics.

last month I had one pimple on my chin, so I squeezed it and the next day I had 3 pimples! 3 pimples turned to 7!!!! omg it was horrible! I had to dry them out!!!!

Heres what I did to make the pimples round my jaw go mostly* away...

1) Benzoyl peroxide twice day

2) apply tea tree oil at night to jaw area

3) no more leaning or touching my jaw line or mouth

NO touching!!!!!!

I'm coming up to my 4th month on accutane and it's not working, so I'm preparing myself for a return to all those lovely topicals and prescriptions once I finish my course.

I was thinking, people have success with different things and they have all different types of acne, so here's my deal:

Can anyone relate as far as the type and placement of this acne? If so, what have you had success with?

I'd love to hear some feedback as far as what has worked to help keep whiteheads from forming...Accutane didn't do it so I'm hoping I'll find something else!

If whiteheads is your problem than you're like me. The only thing that will help is to use a retinoid like Diacneal or Green Cream. Or have them removed!! They are a real bitch the get rid of though, but apparently it can be done!

Good luck!

Hi,

I have that type of acne - aroung my chin and jaw line. Mine goes quite red and inflamed too and can start to itch!

Anyways my doc put me on Dianette the birth control pill, three months ago along with antibiotics and I am still waiting for a difference. I am going doc tomorrow and DEMAND to see a derm as I cant go on like this.

I would try birth control pill too!

Shouldn't you wait a little bit longer though? I've read stories here of people that weren't getting cleared up until the what... 5th months or something? I don't know but good luck anyway.

I am not sure if you are a male or female...

But if you are a male, Have you ever tried Steriods? Like body building steroids..

I did and I have the jawline type acne real bad.. Not really sure if that is what caused it because it started about 3 months AFTER I stopped using steroids..

Mitsey: Why did your doc put you on bc AND antibiotics? Antibiotics inhibit the bc's ability to work properly...it's especially critical if you're on it to prevent pregnancy...but if you were put on the pill hoping the hormones would help your acne, then wouldn't the antibiotic/bc combo be futile?

Guest molly_jean_comments
Could someone please reply to this?? anyone with non-oily skin, around the jawline acne, let me know what has worked for them???

Please some info anything I'm desperate!!

I have acne around my jawline to. Evoclin works really well; its a foam that kills the bacteria. It make yours acne improve dramatically in a very short duration. This is the second time Ive been on it. The last time was a year ago and it cured my acne. I am currently on it again and it is working tremendously again. It worked within like five days. In addition, I use dove for sensitive skin (body wash which can also be used on your face) twice a day. You can look at my full regiman below; its very basic :)

Hey a combo of BC and Antibiotics does negate the effects of the BC keeping you from getting pregnant but still helps with the acne. My derm wanted to do that combo for me but I was not really sold on being on long term antibiotics so I declined that option and well effective BC is nice too lol. I would give the Accutane more time though people have said it can take up to the 6 month treatment to get results. So I would not fret too much yet.

Stick with the tane for the full course of 6 months or whatever time you are supposed to take it. Most people see an improvement after the forth month. Don't give up now! You already did four months!

Don't change your regime now - all the people who answered might have a different reaction to medications than you! Please stay on the accutane!