Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gw_152

question about food

hi guys i'm actually somewhat new to this forum and like all of you am battling acne and depression (because of it).

my question is what foods actually help "cure" acne. i know the usual eating fruits and vegetables but can you be more precise and tell me if you know exactly what foods are great to speed healing with acne and marks. also, are avacadoes good for acne ?? thanks.

Guest molly_jean_comments
Thats the problem. Its debatable as to whether acne is food related. Acne is caused by many factors. Changing your diet wont necessarily improve your acne.

hi guys i'm actually somewhat new to this forum and like all of you am battling acne and depression (because of it).

my question is what foods actually help "cure" acne. i know the usual eating fruits and vegetables but can you be more precise and tell me if you know exactly what foods are great to speed healing with acne and marks. also, are avacadoes good for acne ?? thanks.

If you scroll back a few pages, you'll find several posts covering this topic. My number one recommendation would be to add leafy greens to your diet in the form of green smoothies (see my signature below for the link, and you may also want to check out the links for Dr. Joel Fuhrman, M.D., found within the smoothie thread). Welcome to the boards, and good luck! :)

Yes

avocados

eggs

almonds and most nuts except peanuts and cashews

fish

are all your acne fighting friends. (they may not heal but they don't cause acne therefore giving your body a chance to heal)

Simple carbs like sugar, white bread, and pasta are supposed to be bad for acne because they cause inflammation. Since acne is considered an inflamatory disease, then you're better off eating like whole grains and stuff like that. This is something that I remember reading somewhere :think: Personally though, I don't really stick to this. I still consume white bread and rice, but just in moderation.

Hi guys,hey what causes acne all around the neck and some chin? lots of redness dots, im 38m and its driving me crazy! is it hormones? if so,do i need to get tested? thank you.

anything with lotsa vitamin A (carrots, leafy greens, salmon, pine nuts are from my knowledge the best foods for acne and scarring)