Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pizzaface21

really bad scratch marks

hey.

has anyone else experienced really bad scratch marks? i keep getting these nasty blotches that look like the top layer of skin has been ripped off. they really hurt and in a way they look worse than the acne itself.

it would be great to find out what to do and how to prevent this from happening, and if anyone else has had this problem.

thank you!

Are you scratching yourself in your sleep perhaps? Moisturizing is good - it will help releive the itch. Trim your nails so it's harder to scratch off your skin which is more fragile on Accutane. If you have an itch while you are awake, try rubbing with your fingertips instead of scratching with your nails.

hey.

has anyone else experienced really bad scratch marks? i keep getting these nasty blotches that look like the top layer of skin has been ripped off. they really hurt and in a way they look worse than the acne itself.

it would be great to find out what to do and how to prevent this from happening, and if anyone else has had this problem.

thank you!

I don't know about scratch marks. But I did get some small patches of irritation (similar to rug burns) that sort of scabbed over on my arms. But it was caused from irritation from wearing sweaters and not moisturizing my arms enough. More moisturizer and wearing long sleeved shirts under my sweaters cleared it right up for me.

I have lots of those on my arms but thats because I lift weights

How does lifting weights cause scratches on your arms? Just curious.

well beacsue I used to be very skinny.....so My muclse grew fastre than My arms...a lto of guys who lifts really heavy have them

well beacsue I used to be very skinny.....so My muclse grew fastre than My arms...a lto of guys who lifts really heavy have them

Let me clarify something here:

Are you talking about STRETCH marks or SCRATCH marks? Because I think you're talking about the former and the original poster was talking about the latter.

but yes when I was onm tane I didi get a lot of sctartc marks....my skin was very sensitive