Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest T-Virus

Something else that's unfair about life

Guest T-Virus

I believe that people like us tend to take very good care of our skin. Yet we still have acne. Then there are people who couldn't care less about their skin. They don't take care of it or appreciate it yet they still have perfect skin. And they're the ones giving us advice on what we have to do to get rid of our acne. They think that because they don't have acne, they must be doing the right things to stop themselves from getting it. One of my "friends" thinks that I need to scrub my face, because that's what he does and he doesn't have acne.

i also notice that people with acne tend to always be nice/quiet/not a dickhead. if everyone experienced acne for some time [temporarily] then the world would be a better place.

I do know some people who get bitter after they get it.........like they blame someone else for there skin problems

but yeah I do notice most people do seem to get mellowed out a bit afterwards

my husband is an amazing man who's always been nice and never had acne but i'm always so jealous that he NEVER washes his face with soap or anything yet his skin is flawless.

Yeah, my friends are all like that! Whenever we have sleepovers and finally get round to sleeping, they all just clamber into bed whilst I spend half an hour in the bathroom :rolleyes:

Yeah, my friends are all like that! Whenever we have sleepovers and finally get round to sleeping, they all just clamber into bed whilst I spend half an hour in the bathroom :rolleyes:

Same with me! When I was camping with some "don't have to do anything yet have perfect skin" friends, one of them actually came into the campground bathroom to see if I was okay. I was like "oh, I'm fine, just cleansing...and toning...and treating...and moisturizing my face...and watching it break out anyway..."

It really makes me wonder why all of us who make such an effort with our skin still have bad skin. Are we doing too much to try to clear our skin, and really making it worse?

i also notice that people with acne tend to always be nice/quiet/not a dickhead. if everyone experienced acne for some time [temporarily] then the world would be a better place.

yes true that.

But hey, life isn't fair and it doesn't CARE!

It's also not fair that some peole are born with disabilites... So lifes no fair in many ways to many people.

I believe that people like us tend to take very good care of our skin. Yet we still have acne.

Maybe because we are using too much chemical products?

Then there are people who couldn't care less about their skin. They don't take care of it or appreciate it yet they still have perfect skin.

Maybe because they use no chemical product, or because they are LUCKY!

And they're the ones giving us advice on what we have to do to get rid of our acne. They think that because they don't have acne, they must be doing the right things to stop themselves from getting it. One of my "friends" thinks that I need to scrub my face, because that's what he does and he doesn't have acne.

Maybe they are right? Should we listen to them?

I hate them!

Well, I have acne and I can be a bitch... sometimes. xD

Ok heres one of my few good quotes:

"Life’s not fair and it doesn't care.. it'll beat you up just for kicks, or kick you around just for fun.. you weren't born to have a good fair life.. so let the best man win"

I know plenty of people with acne who are jackasses.

I know plenty of people with clear skin who are jackasses.

Smart, dumb, attractive, ugly, fat, rip, you name it - some people are just assholes.

I know !...it pisses me off and also those people who think us who have acne dont take a good care of our skin , i feel like slapping them so hard !

What gets on my nerves is those people who dont do anything with their skin or their hair , dress fugly and just walk around with this clear skin and dont use make up at all and wear glasses and look like they got out from bed.., iam like DAMN IT PUT SOME MAKE UP AND GET LENSES AND FIX YOUR SELF...in my mind ofcourse...

guess they dont know how much clear skin is worth...

I believe that people like us tend to take very good care of our skin. Yet we still have acne. Then there are people who couldn't care less about their skin. They don't take care of it or appreciate it yet they still have perfect skin. And they're the ones giving us advice on what we have to do to get rid of our acne. They think that because they don't have acne, they must be doing the right things to stop themselves from getting it. One of my "friends" thinks that I need to scrub my face, because that's what he does and he doesn't have acne.

Careful who you get your advice from T-Virus. People who have not had to deal with acne typically can't give adive to a person with acne, unless they are a derm, or somehow know what they're talking about. Some people are blessed with good genetics and tough skin, they may never develop acne. But you can't go out and do the same regimen they do, some of us just have it a little tougher.

It really depends on the person and what type of care you need to take with your skin. Just because one person takes good care doesn't mean everyone should and just because somebody else doesn't isn't going to do EVERYONE good. I do really hate when people with good skin tell people like me to do something. It's soo annoying!

I feel ya T-Virus... I feel so bitter all the time lol.. like when my friends just hop into bed without doing a thing to their face and touch their skin as much as they want.. aghh I get so jealous lol. My guy friend told me that all I need to do is "wash my face with soap one or twice a day and i'll be clear".. I wish it were that easy :doubt: lol

well if you think about it, we would all be the same way if we had clear skin to start with..

when i had nice skin i didn't think twice about it..

i was like this is normal, w/e..

then when i started to get acne thats when i washed my face regularly and used creams and treatments..

and nothing worked...

i just hate it when people say you get acne because your not cleaning your face enough..

i bet you i have washed and cleaned my face more in a year then they have in their lifetime..

I feel ya T-Virus... I feel so bitter all the time lol.. like when my friends just hop into bed without doing a thing to their face and touch their skin as much as they want.. aghh I get so jealous lol. My guy friend told me that all I need to do is "wash my face with soap one or twice a day and i'll be clear".. I wish it were that easy :doubt: lol

I'm jealous too because it takes so much time to get ready for school and bed.

Guest T-Virus
who said life is supposed to be fair?

Not me.

AMEN to that!

People just dont get it.

One day at school we started watching a documentary/drama type video. And there was a kid in it with really bad acne. Defintiely a case for tane. When he came on the girl next to me just goes "Uuuugh." but didn't say anything else. and then when it was over she was like "That was digusting. Did you see his face?" I felt like dying. People are so insensitive.

I hate those people who don't have to do anything and have clear skin, and who even treat their skin badly. It's not fair.

My mom even told me once not to eat some chocolates that I bought because they'd "break me out". Grow up mom. It's now the 21st century. There's no evidence to support that. :rolleyes:

I wish mtv would do a truelife about it. It would open so many eyes..