Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im switching from my present birth control pill to Yasmin in like less than a week. I was wondering what your experiences were with Yasmin. I wanted to go on a bcp which helped with acne since i already used bcp as a contraceptive.

I'm actually looking forward to it hoping there will be no IB since i already used another (bcp). :pray:

So please share your opinions on it!

Thank you ;)

Hi guys,

I'm hoping my doctor is going to give me a prescription for Yasmin because I dont think I feel comfortable taking Diane 35. I also just found out that it's not sold in the US so there is no point of me starting this pill here now (germany) because I'm going home in a month.

Lucia, how bad was your initial breakout on your last bcp? I've never been on the pill so I dont know what to expect. I dont even know why I'm so scared of the pill. I feel like I've been told that I have CANCER and have to undergo chemotherapy. :crazy2:

Not to discourage you, but I took Yasmin for 2 years with no change in my skin. The last few months I took it my cycle got screwed so I stopped taking it.

That's my experience.

I used Yasmin for a month, but that was my first birth control... it seems to make my skin less oily in that month, but it gave me horrible headaches so I had to stop :( Best of luck to you though, i've actually heard a lot of good things about Yasmin.. my friend is on it, and she said she used to have bad acne (which I would have NEVER thought so).. and right now her skin is absolutely FLAWLESS.

Hi guys,

I'm hoping my doctor is going to give me a prescription for Yasmin because I dont think I feel comfortable taking Diane 35. I also just found out that it's not sold in the US so there is no point of me starting this pill here now (germany) because I'm going home in a month.

Lucia, how bad was your initial breakout on your last bcp? I've never been on the pill so I dont know what to expect. I dont even know why I'm so scared of the pill. I feel like I've been told that I have CANCER and have to undergo chemotherapy. :crazy2:

Isabel, with the bcp im taking now, and have been taken it for over 2 years and a half i NEVER had an initial break out. Its called Lofemenal and a doctor from a planning cabinet prescribed it to me. I was thinking of switching to a bcp that was good for acne since i already took a bcp solely as a contraceptive so i can hit two birds with one stone :dance: j/k

Im sorry you're so afraid of taking Diane, maybe you should really consider talking to your doc about how much this is bothering you. Ive actually heard a LOT of success stories about Diane35 and even bought a pack thinking of starting it on my own but my bf wouldnt let me take them :doubt:

Please tell me what you've decided, either way, i wish you the BEST OF LUCK. *hug*

I'm starting next week on Yasmin too! I'm currently on Ortho Tri Cyclen. What are you on? I hope we both clear up and don't have an IB!

We'll SO have to exchange opinions ! :dance: Lets see how it goes. Im praying i wont have an IB cause i want perfect skin for NEw Years!! :shifty:

I'm starting next week on Yasmin too! I'm currently on Ortho Tri Cyclen. What are you on? I hope we both clear up and don't have an IB!

We'll SO have to exchange opinions ! :dance: Lets see how it goes. Im praying i wont have an IB cause i want perfect skin for NEw Years!! :shifty:

Yes definitely! Wouldn't that be nice :dance: I'm starting my first active pill next week Sunday, and my doctor has me on an antibiotic through the first month "just in case" of an IB, although she says it usualy doesn't happen (and she's pretty awesome. So yes....keep me updated and I'll keep you updated! I'm excited someone is starting the same time as me.

I've never heard of IBs with birth control pills, but, anyway, I've been on Loestrin 1/20 Fe for almost 6 years and it's really helped with my skin. I initially tried Ortho Tri Cyclin, and this was obviously pre-OTC-low, so it make me terribly sick and did nothing for my skin. Anyway, I've found being on a low dose bcp has helped tremendously, however, I have found that I most definitely need to take it at the EXACT same time each day not only for contraceptive purposes, but also to keep my skin consistently clear (or mostly clear). Good luck with Yasmin, I know several people who have been very happy with that pill....

Hi everyone! :D Today is December the 22nd and i just took my second Yasmin pill. :dance: I had an Obagi Blue Peel done last friday and since then i havent got any new "we know what" :shifty::dance: I hope all goes well :pray:

Hi everyone! :D Today is December the 22nd and i just took my second Yasmin pill. :dance: I had an Obagi Blue Peel done last friday and since then i havent got any new "we know what" :shifty: :dance: I hope all goes well :pray:

Keep the updates coming! I start on SUNDAY!!!

Hi everyone! :D Today is December the 22nd and i just took my second Yasmin pill. :dance: I had an Obagi Blue Peel done last friday and since then i havent got any new "we know what" :shifty: :dance: I hope all goes well :pray:

Keep the updates coming! I start on SUNDAY!!!

Hey guys, whoever's just started Yasmin, hows it working? Are you getting any breakouts..? I think Im going to start it this month or next month.

Hello there! :wavey: Today i took my 8th pill and all is good. I only had like the littlest spot ever and it was gone the same day. Im praying things will go as smoothly throughout all my course. :pray::pray:

No adverse reactions at all !! ;)

Hello there! :wavey: Today i took my 8th pill and all is good. I only had like the littlest spot ever and it was gone the same day. Im praying things will go as smoothly throughout all my course. :pray: :pray:

No adverse reactions at all !! ;)

Okay cool, maybe I should take it then..Hmm..

Def. keep me updated!!

That's so great!! Congratulations!

Are you getting any side effects at all, like depression, weight gain, etc?

Im supposed to start Saturday, Im so scared though, I dont want an initial breakout :( My acne isn't so bad, but Im still uncomfortable with it, and I definitely dont want to make it worse!!

<3

That's so great!! Congratulations!

Are you getting any side effects at all, like depression, weight gain, etc?

Im supposed to start Saturday, Im so scared though, I dont want an initial breakout :( My acne isn't so bad, but Im still uncomfortable with it, and I definitely dont want to make it worse!!

<3

No side effects at all! Im amazed. I love it. Don't worry, in my case everything went smoothly ;) Im sure it'll be the same for you. :pray:

<3

I start tonight..Im excited & nervous! Well thank you mucho for reassuring me, Ill let you guys know how its going!

Guest molly_jean_comments
I have a question about Yasmin. In a way its off topic because its not a success. On the otherhand its still on topic because its still about Yasmin. I wasnt quite sure where to put this question, this is the first yasmin post I came across for today, and that is the reason I put it here. I was on it approximately a year ago but I dont remember on the first pack of pills do the sugar pills cause you to break out or they are still like the estrogen pills and prevent breakouts? I know the estrogen pills prevent breakouts and that is really starts to kick in about the third-sixth months

Molly my Yasmin comes in a 21 pill pack. Mine doesnt have the placebo pills but from what i know they are there for the sole purpose of helping you not forget to take the pill at the same time till the next pack. ;) So they are not really helping acne wise. :doh:

I start tonight..Im excited & nervous! Well thank you mucho for reassuring me, Ill let you guys know how its going!

xxxxxxx its been three days, how are you feeling? :dance: Im still doing good. This is usually the nastiest time of the month for me *getting my period on sunday* and face is still going well. I only got 1 tiny blemish yesterday that faded by today and left no redmark :dance:

Yay, congrats! Hmmm well I took my 4th pill last night, Ive got a big cyst sort of under my eye BUT I dont think this is related because a) I had a big nasty clogged pore thing there, so something was bound to come up eventually and b) Its not a hormonal place to break out. And then Ive got another cyst on the side of my nose but I think that was my own fault too for trying to extract blackheads myself :( ....OTHERWISE, Its doin alright- no major mood changes, Im just irritated cause my skins being a bit of a screw-up right now. Hopefully this is that initial breakout..?