Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Josh8

Shaving Probs

Just wondering what you guys do when you have a spot on your chin and have to shave over it? Obviously it’s gonna irritate, but its gotta be done right? Or do you just shave around and leave it until the spots died down (and have a lot of stuble)? I shave every other day, but would you suggest starting to shave every day to get my skin used to it? I know I wouldn’t have acne if I didn’t have to shave, which is a drag, so I need to figure out a way to shave that’s gonna work for my skin. I currently have two spots, that are trying to go away, but when I shave it aggravates them and they come back worse…

I usually shave around them. I find shaving over them irritates them and makes them worse, especially if you pop one and the puss oozes out of it.

I hate leaving a little stubble around them, but I'd rather stubble then popping a pimple and having it ooze.

I know exactly how you feel man I went through the exact same shit as you just a while back everyone is different but I have figured out 2 methods of hair removal that works for me

1)Get yourself a hair clippers cordless would be best I use a wahl one and its great because it shaves the facial hair as close as a 1 day old stubble and it doesnt irratate your face a bit plus the shadow is a good look I would prefer to have a bit of stubble on my face any day than acne from using the clipper below I have no acne on my shaving area anymore and when I do shave my skin looks perfect beneath the stubble you should give it a try.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-Envoy-Cord-Co...5705394-5035002

I use this one its brillant very powerful cuts through even the toughest facial like a knife through butter

2)When I do shave which is mainly only for special occasions or when I feel a bit rough I do this first I take a long medium hot shower and wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner I then rub a decent amount of conditioner onto my face to soften the stubble and after I finish washing off I lather up some cetaphil soap and rub into my face.

While im letting the soap soak in I get a bottle of vodka or other strong alcohol and pour a small amount (1/8 of the cap or so) onto my razor blade (Gillette Sensor Excel) to kill all the bacteria that is on it from shaving over old spots etc.Alot of people say im an idiot for doing this my father is allways giving out to me for wasting vodka but it works and most reasures your mind that there is no bacteria on the razor if I shave over a few spots while im shaving I pour another small of alcohol onto the razor and continue shaving.I do the same with the hair clippers pour a small amount over it and shave it off.

If your fairly young like under 20 then shaving your facial hair with the hair clipper will be very close my brother who is 16 does it and it looks like he has shaved with a razor blade because it so close generally the lighter the facial the better the cut but im just gone 20 now and my facial is thickish and I get a very clean cut so it doesnt really matter what age your are I suppose.

Sorry if it looks like im really trying to get you to use the cordless clippers but it has worked so well for me so im pressing this sorry

I agree, I can only shave with a clipper and not get irritation, if I wet shave I get irritation.

I use a philishave trimmer, it's very good, plus I like the stubble look.

Likewise, Ive started using a clipper. I use 2 shave with a razor but that was always my problem, If i shaved regulary then i got acne, If I waited for a beard to grow then the BP became ineffective and I got acne aswell. Couldnt win. Hopfully this is the solution.

Yeah, better to switch to an electric shaver or a clipper...not as close shave but less irratation. You guys find you have less acne in the areas you have more stubble? Used to get a lot on the jaw line but it's moving up the face as the hairs are growing thicker there now.....

Ive not been doing it long but it would appear to majorly reduce irritation. Im having problems with moisurisers now the eurecin stuff is gone. How often are you guys who shave with clippers actually using them? Ive been letting it grow for about 4 days before I shave again but this maybe to long?

Cheers! I don’t think I can use electric clippers until my hair grows thinker and faster yea? at the moment I've only got it growing in patches and takes a couple of days until I need to shave. But I'm gonna start shaving everyday to see if that reduces irritation.

No reason why not. Would be less irratating regardless of how much hair you have. Suggest you give a clipper a go. No point shaving daily if there isnt enough hair to warrent doing so, just will cause more irratation.

Does it have to be clippers specifically for facial hair? I have electric clippers for you head – im sure my grandad used to use head hair clippers.

Hair clippers for your head wont work, I tried with mine and they kept missing hairs, I had to go over so many times it irritated my skin.

The clippers I have, the teeth are very close together and catches every hair, zero irritation, wicked.

I myself find hair clippers for your head better as they are much more powerful and shave very quickly but thats only if you use a proffesional hair clippers like wahl if you use remington vahl and crap like that then go philishave beard trimmer everytime

I have a cordless wahl clipper here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-Envoy-Cord-Co...5705394-5035002 and its better than the philishave beard trimmer I had before but real maverick is right the specific beard trimmers like philishave are way better than every hair clipper except wahl imo who have amazing systems I have used many and I would only recommend wahl hair clippers for your head to use on your face and philishave beard trimmer I have used about 7 or 8 systems and there the best by far notthing comes clsoe to there comfort and speed