Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mitsey

I totally freaked out!

Well I am such a freak lol

I went shopping with my fella this morning and all was ok until I went in the changing rooms with him and I totally freaked out when I looked in their mirrors, and Oh my god I bust out crying! I felt that bad it shocked me, I didnt think my acne was that bad, and having suffered from it for two years I thought my new antibiotics were working into my system.

I told my fella to buy the top he tried on and that we will leave immediately. My poor fella thought I were mad, but he saw how upset I were and we went back home.

I now feel so bad and silly but there were four mirrors all at different angles and the light there was so good, it must be what I really look like! My bloke says It isnt that bad, but he would say that wouldnt he.

It has put me off shopping now!

I went shopping with my fella this morning and all was ok until I went in the changing rooms with him and I totally freaked out when I looked in their mirrors, and Oh my god I bust out crying! I felt that bad it shocked me, I didnt think my acne was that bad, and having suffered from it for two years I thought my new antibiotics were working into my system.

I told my fella to buy the top he tried on and that we will leave immediately. My poor fella thought I were mad, but he saw how upset I were and we went back home.

I now feel so bad and silly but there were four mirrors all at different angles and the light there was so good, it must be what I really look like! My bloke says It isnt that bad, but he would say that wouldnt he.

I have had this exact experience many times. Don't you wish the whole world had dimmer lights -- then no one would hardly notice anything.

I hate department store lighting. Everytime I go shopping I won't look in anykind of mirrors. I won't even look in at myself in my car mirror. I don't look in any mirror except the one in my bathroom where I am comfortable.

I have had this exact experience many times. Don't you wish the whole world had dimmer lights -- then no one would hardly notice anything.

Thanks for trying to make me feel better!

I hate department store lighting. Everytime I go shopping I won't look in anykind of mirrors. I won't even look in at myself in my car mirror. I don't look in any mirror except the one in my bathroom where I am comfortable.

Are the mirrors you mentioned what we really look like? as in my house mirrors i dont look that bad, but car mirrors and shop mirrors I feel really bad!!

Yeah department store lighting sucks for people who have acne. Two days ago, I went into Wal-Mart to get my new glasses. Before that, I spent... ten minutes in the bathroom looking at the mirror thinking "not bad, actually." One of my better days from what I could tell. So I get there, sit down, and she gives me my glasses and says "okay look in the mirror to make sure they fit right." I do, and my skin.. looks horrible. I even had trouble just looking at it to see if my glasses fit right on my face because of how bad the lighting made my skin look.

Ugh.

i think natural light is how we really look like.. cause think about it!

come on mitsey ... think, think, think!

Which mirror shows natural light then?

car mirror or whatever mirror is outside!!! duhhhhhhhhhh

ive said it a million times before here, but yup, changing room mirrors are the worst culprit for instantly making you feel like complete crap.

i can totally relate to how you felt, in the past, ive thought i was having a good skin day, went into a changing room (river island is one of the worst-they have mirrors from all angles and really bright lights) and felt instantly really low.

they should totally have flattering lighting, some stores do, most of the big ones, do not. and 9 times out of 10 i wont buy something if ive just been depressed by the mirrors and lighting. so they lose.

oh yeah :redface:

Sorry blonde moment!

oh yeah :redface:

Sorry blonde moment!

its acnes fault :shifty: i blame all my problems on it lol.

I do that a lot when i'm out with my bf

I will be fine then i catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror & I just wanna get the hell out of there :doubt:

I feel bad for him because he has to be seen with me & my grose face :(

I do that a lot when i'm out with my bf

I will be fine then i catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror & I just wanna get the hell out of there :doubt:

I feel bad for him because he has to be seen with me & my grose face :(

They love us though!