Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Real BucK

The cure of acne, is in the bible.

okay, i would like to know more about eating the Bible way...

i just started buying food for life food over the last few weeks.

i honestly think the Bible has alot for us to learn from.

i don't think any of the Bible's teaching would hurt any of us.

NO MATTER who, what, or Not believe in.

I agree - no matter what your faith is, there is a lot of wisdom in the Bible. :) If you're interested in what the bible says about food, you can, well, read the Bible of course, haha, but there are also many helpful books that can help sum things up for you, like What Would Jesus Eat? by Don Colbert and Holy Cow! Does God Care about What We Eat? by Hope Egan, and books on Kosher, such as Kosher for Everybody by Garfunkel. Just be aware that some Kosher rules, such as eating milk seperately from milk, are Jewish traditions that aren't found in the Bible (that may be the only one - not sure). No matter what book you're reading, is always a good idea to cross reference with the Bible itself if you're wanting info that's strictly Bible based. :)

Seems to me the bible quote refers to a kind of miracle...in other words some people were going to eat only seeds (pulse) and water for ten days, and then another group was going to be eating the king's food for ten days which we can assume is a rich diet.

Then after ten days, the two groups would be compared and the group eating only seeds and water would have fat faces, even fatter than the faces of the group on the diet fit for a king.

So then a sort of miracle would have occured and this would prove that the people eating only pulse and water were faithful or something. But as we all know seeds are highly calorie dense and birds eat them a lot because birds need a lot of energy. Seeds will fatten anyone up. The miracle would be to stomach a diet of only seeds for ten days. There would be no miracle in getting fat off of seeds.

American meat has been linked to all kinds of problems.

Funny to see that in the bible, they used the scientific method. A period of ten days, on a specific diet void of a certain food, notice they even had a control group:

Haha, yes, even God knows that it can't be true unless it's proven via the scientific method.

I also think it's interesting and worth noting that the Old Testament gives instructions to treat the animals that you eat in a humane manner. How many of the 70ish% percent of Americans who claim to be Christians buy meat that was raised humanely??

I also think it's interesting and worth noting that the Old Testament gives instructions to treat the animals that you eat in a humane manner. How many of the 70ish% percent of Americans who claim to be Christians buy meat that was raised humanely??

You are SO right about that. That is such an excellent point!! The following is an excellent video explaining how poorly innocent animals are treated by the mainstream. :( http://www.themeatrix.com/ If only more people would realize this and then actually do something about it by not supporting those types of inhumane practices.

Accutane, now thats an easy way out. Be aware of having increased sensitivity to sunlight, depression, damage to the liver, kidneys, and colon. Make sure you stop taking it if you become pregnant, and remember over 60 cases of suicide and nearly 1,400 cases of psychiatric problems linked with the use of Accutane.

those numbers are tiny in comparison to the amount of people who have taken it.

people who take accutane usually have extremely severe acne, i think their psychiatric problems and reason for suicide was the state of their skin. i don't think that everyone who is on accutane on this site is a representation of those who aren't on acne.org. even in my case i never put up pictures in my album when i was at my very worst.

You are SO right about that. That is such an excellent point!! The following is an excellent video explaining how poorly innocent animals are treated by the mainstream. :( http://www.themeatrix.com/ If only more people would realize this and then actually do something about it by not supporting those types of inhumane practices.

fuck that their purpose is for my dinner, not to enjoy their life. besides, animals don't have "feelings"

fuck that their purpose is for my dinner, not to enjoy their life. besides, animals don't have "feelings"

What I really don't get is this "animals don't have feelings" argument. If you run over a dog and have it barely alive clinging for life on the street, it's going to be crying. Is that a feeling? If you give a dog a treat, it's going to be excited. Is that not a feeling? Obviously animals don't experience complex emotions like the feeling of being decepted or something like that, but they have basic feelings and they obviously feel pain (or they wouldn't care if you hurt them).

What about...

John 13:34

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Surely we acne sufferers could do with more love like this...

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails

What about...

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails

Amen! thats one of my favorite verses in the Bible. :wub:

What about...

8Love never fails

Another one of my favorite bible verses!! I love all of Corinthians 13:

1 Corinthians 13 (English Standard Version) http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc...&version=47

The Way of Love

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

You guys do realize that if there is a heaven it isn't a place and you certainly won't find any of your deceased loved ones their, right? The bible isn't meant to be interpreted literally.

You guys do realize that if there is a heaven it isn't a place and you certainly won't find any of your deceased loved ones their, right? The bible isn't meant to be interpreted literally.

Hey The Who! :) Glad you're still liking the smoothies! As for the Bible, well, some us see it a little differently. Besides that, there is SOO much evidence now with modern science that points to the truths in the Bible. What is that evidence? Below are some links for those interested:

Answers for Atheists and Agnostics Answers: http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/answers.html

A Question of Origins: http://christiananswers.net/creation/aqoo/

Got Questions: http://www.gotquestions.org/

ChristianAnswers.net: http://christiananswers.net/home.html

Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry: http://www.carm.org/

There is SOO much evidence now with modern science that points to the truths in the Bible.

This article explains quite clearly why creationist "theories" are not based upon science and how a literal interpretation of genesis is not only unscientific it's akin to lunacy.

http://www.humanism.org.uk/site/cms/conten...sp?article=1359

Lunacy? Evolutionist "theories" and Big Bang "theories" are bad science in my opinion - they keep changing their minds, and again, are just "theories" with lots of holes.

"...those trying to discover the origins of life and study the earliest stages of biological evolution have an uphill quest: Over and over it happens that a theory or explanation believed to be well established has to be abandoned or rethought in the light of new findings" (Lazcano 2003: 452). http://christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-c004.html

Evidence for a Young World: http://christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c012.html

The Young Earth Creation Club: http://www.creationists.org/index.html

Anyone of rationale mind who reads that article will understand why it is imposible to argue scientific matters with creationists. Are dogs Venusian spies? I think not.

Yeah, scientific theories change.

Because we learn things. Things we didn't know before. Therefore, stuff changes.

That's not changing the story. That's called learning.

Because we learn things. Things we didn't know before. Therefore, stuff changes.

Amen to that. If great people hadn't "changed the story" we would still be drilling holes in each others heads.

lol - indeed. Which, while fashionable in some circles where they do alot of piercing, I hear the side effects of head drilling are a bitch to recover from. :)

That's the whole point... they're "theories," not factual evidence as many would like believe (I'm not referring to you two here, by the way). If we're going to debate this, can we at least try to be respectful towards each other?

That we can be. Sorry about the snippy tone.

Anyhow, my point was that it's illogical to point to the changing nature of science as a point to disprove it's theories, simply because all things - even creationism - changes as people do. The theory of creationism has changed as well in the last few thousand years, so it's faulty argument to use against science.

That we can be. Sorry about the snippy tone.

Anyhow, my point was that it's illogical to point to the changing nature of science as a point to disprove it's theories, simply because all things - even creationism - changes as people do. The theory of creationism has changed as well in the last few thousand years, so it's faulty argument to use against science.

Thank you Elsewhere, and it's okay - sort of a touchy subject here. :)

Yeah, you're right, change is a faulty argument to use - I should have explained my point above a little better. :) I guess my point is just that neither side has any solid evidence - both are still using changing theories. I suppose the educated thing to do is to weigh the theories of both sides before making an argument against either, otherwise, strong bias can certainly come into play (I have certainly been guilty of this in the past!).

Too bad so many things in life are based on theories - look at all of the theories on this board! That's part of what makes life fun and exciting though - if we had everything all figured out, what else would there be to have fun learning and discovering..... :)

so if we eat meat, we'll have clear skin?

i'm a vegetarian :/

Actually the verse is against eating meat. It's a little confusing upon first read - several others thought it was promoting meat as well. :)

I've noticed vegitarians generally have fewer skin problems. Not being a vegitarian myself, I'm not sure why, but that's what I've seen.

the bible verse means eat vegetables and drink water. do that for a couple of weeks and tell me your acne does not go a way.

Hi I am new to this Message board. I just had a quick question. Eat Vegetables and drink water but don't eat meat right? I will do this if this is an answer. Thank you