Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Real BucK

The cure of acne, is in the bible.

Proverbs 15:13 - "A merry heart maketh a cheerful contenance"

The Hebrew word for cheerful literally means :to make well, literally, sound and beautiful. "

Daniel 1:12-15 - "Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.

Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants. So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days. And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.

Very cool of you to post this. I think you posted this to inspire and help people. :) Isn't it amazing how so many of life's answers are in the Bible? I think it's so amazing that the foods God called "unclean" actually are the foods that have the highest concentration of toxins, because these animals are scavengers. Whether or not people believe in the Bible, these laws are beneficial, from a health point of view. People may not have realized back when the laws were given what the reasons were behind them, but knowing what we know today, it's now very apparent, from a health point of view, why these laws make a lot of sense. Like you, I follow these laws as well. :)

I may not understand everything in the Bible, but my faith is strong. How incredibly amazing is it the laws God gave for hygiene in the Old Testament were incredibly advanced for their time. It wasn't until the past couple of centuries that the reasons behind those hygiene laws have finally become understood. In the Bible times, when people were dying of mass spread diseases, the Jewish people didn't... the hygiene laws they practiced kept them safe. I believe that those laws written in the Bible were most definitely inspired by God, because nobody had the technological advances back then in science to understand why those hygiene laws were necessary!! Today of course, they make perfect sense. ...just one of the many things in the Bible that amazes me. :)

Even without modern science, which proves these laws are beneficial, I believe God gave us these laws to protect us. :)

Muslim Terrorists don't eat pork because it's a sin. However they've been killing thousands of innocent people.

And other terrorists don't eat pork? And other terrorists don't kill thousands of innocent people? What the hell does this sentence have to do with this post? I can tell you've learned to be racist from your "bible of love". 

I kind of just skimmed through that and to summarize it, it was basically a bunch of cheap and childish blows in my direction. Ok.

so just don't eat meat? then what about all the veggies with acne?

Muslim Terrorists don't eat pork because it's a sin. However they've been killing thousands of innocent people.

And other terrorists don't eat pork? And other terrorists don't kill thousands of innocent people? What the hell does this sentence have to do with this post? I can tell you've learned to be racist from your "bible of love".

I think what SmoothLover was saying was that not eating pork doesn't automatically make you a good person. His point was about food in saying that following the food laws of the old testament doesn't mean you're automatically good. I hope that makes sense. :) Also, he was talking about Muslin "terrorists," not just Muslims. I don't think his intention was to make a racist remark. It didn't come across that way to me. :)

so just don't eat meat? then what about all the veggies with acne?

Other factors can plan in besides just diet alone. If one's body isn't functioning correctly, then acne can result. A lot of vegetarians don't necessarily eat healthy. There are lots of "junk food" vegeterian foods out, and many vegetarians ironically don't eat enough vegetables and certainly not enough leafy greens.

The Bible is a historical account. It does mention things that people did that were definitely not good things. However, just because those things were mentioned in the Bible doesn't mean the Bible endorses those things. Like people have said above, everything must be taken into context. You have to look at the big picture. There are things in the Bible that I don't understand, but my faith is strong, and I can't possible hope to comprehend the things that God does.

The Hebrew word for cheerful literally means :to make well, literally, sound and beautiful. "

Daniel 1:12-15 - "Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.

Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants. So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days. And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.

If you study the context of those verses, none speak of "acne" cure.

actually it says if you eat vegetables and water you will have a clearer face, and honestly i can put money on it if you ate nothing but vegetables and water you would get clear. But then again I'm not saying thats all it says you can eat, theres more.

Guest Locked In Grace
its your loss if you don't do it

meh.

I'm 100% clear of acne..... does your fancy bible mention accutane in there? Now THAT would be cool..... "thou shall take accutane, from the loins of Victor Ityius Tomas Andrew....." get it? VIT A? he he he he he

Jeez you're a bitch. You need to stop going into topics all guns blazing. I understand if you have a worthwhile opinion on something, but your arguments, for the most part, are merely scathing attacks on people handing over fairly innocent opinions.

You don't really make any good points, or rarely anyhow.

Now GUYS, in regards to the bible, I think it's one of the most (if not the most) complex books on earth. And if there were just one word to describe and summarize all its teachings, it would be LOVE.

"And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead." (Exodus 12:29-30)

"And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt: And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts." (Exodus 11:4-5)

"But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such a one as goeth on still in his trespasses. The Lord said, I will bring again from Bashan, I will bring my people again from the depths of the sea: That thy foot may be dipped in the blood of thine enemies, and the tongue of thy dogs in the same." (Psalms 68:21-23)

"And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter." (I Samuel 6:19)

"Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." (Numbers 31:16-18)

Yeah, it makes me warm and fuzzy and full of love.

Wow, don't take things out of context. You should study more on the Bible before trying to make arguments that lack substance. If you're a modern Christian, the Old Testament is there to hold up the structure of the New Testament (Jesus is the predicted messiah that was prophesized to come, and is in the bloodline of King David), but it's not there to give Mosaic law (things like only wear garments spun with one material, homosexuality is a sin, etc.) Nevertheless, people will spin the Bible to support there views (citing the Bible as a source of being anti-gay, yet not participating in any of the other Mosaic laws).

That verse has the exact opposite meaning of what everyone in this topic is suggesting. It's a reference to fasting.

Nevertheless, the Bible is a poor source of health information in an age when we have such rich scientific tools. It may contain some wisdom, but the ancients didn't have anything close to our resources.

How ironic that you're interested in life extension, yet the best known way to extend life is calorie restriction which some people say is equal in benefits to intermittent fasting... the Ancients may have not known about the modern scientific method, but they sure had something going for them when fasting came about.

The Bible is a historical account. It does mention things that people did that were definitely not good things. However, just because those things were mentioned in the Bible doesn't mean the Bible endorses those things. Like people have said above, everything must be taken into context. You have to look at the big picture. There are things in the Bible that I don't understand, but my faith is strong, and I can't possible hope to comprehend the things that God does.

The Bible is only in some parts a historical account, and some of these parts are determined never to have happened. It has been said time and time again, for example, that the Gospels were never meant to be a historical document. You are right though in that faith is the real key if you're going to be a mainstream Christian, and that things must be taken into context, because the Bible is a 5000 year old book (approx. 2,000 for the New Testament) and just like other old writings we still read (the Odyssey, etc.) you have to put it into the context of the time.

RS, you took the type out of my post (words out of my mouth).

NT Christians aren't under OT law. NT Christians are in a different dispensation; that dispensation being one of GRACE. If anything, if I was to post something like: "Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy are in heaven", then I suppose the atheists would throw a fit about God not being fair if He allows people like that to repent and be received into heaven. But that's the entire point. Jesus came for the lost....for the sinner.....that's where His love shines with brightness. The bottom line is that seriel killers can and do go to heaven, if they have truly repented. To me, that is the REAL message of the bible, not OT scripture that doesn't even apply today.

I shalt attempth to explain - thou shalt comsumeth andst suckle the flesh of meat for not less than 10 days, andst when thou hast feasted, thine joyous mood willst maketh thine complexion be as fair as an angel.

Haveth thou consumeth the flesh of meat for 10 days?

:eh:

LOL

You can interpret the bible in millions of different ways and you can relate it to million of different things. Hence, there are sooooooooo many religions and sects.

Christianity was the first religion though

The Bible is only in some parts a historical account, and some of these parts are determined never to have happened. It has been said time and time again, for example, that the Gospels were never meant to be a historical document. You are right though in that faith is the real key if you're going to be a mainstream Christian, and that things must be taken into context, because the Bible is a 5000 year old book (approx. 2,000 for the New Testament) and just like other old writings we still read (the Odyssey, etc.) you have to put it into the context of the time.

The historical accuracy of the Bible is a topic that many disagree on, just like people disagree on so many other things. But you are correct in that faith is the real key. :) For any interested in reading Christian apologetics concerning the Bible, below are a few links that might prove helpful. :)

http://www.carm.org/questions_bible.htm

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/authenticity.html

http://www.answers.org/bible/

http://www.biblestudytools.net/

NT Christians aren't under OT law. NT Christians are in a different dispensation; that dispensation being one of GRACE. If anything, if I was to post something like: "Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy are in heaven", then I suppose the atheists would throw a fit about God not being fair if He allows people like that to repent and be received into heaven. But that's the entire point. Jesus came for the lost....for the sinner.....that's where His love shines with brightness. The bottom line is that seriel killers can and do go to heaven, if they have truly repented. To me, that is the REAL message of the bible, not OT scripture that doesn't even apply today.

This is another topic Christians disagree on. I agree that Christians aren't under OT law and that the grace of Jesus is the real message, however, (and I'm not saying this about you Denise), but it saddens me that so many Christians disregard the OT as unimportant. Many argue that Jesus come to fulfill the laws so that we no longer have to - but this doesn't mean that we should no longer pay attention to those laws.

Huh???

Judaism came before Christianity. There is also a host of Greek and Egyptian "mystery religions", Paganism, etc.

Unless you mean Christianity came before Protestantism, Anglicism, etc. But then again those are still Christianity, they're just sects of it. Arguably I think the Catholic church is the oldest form of organized, dogmatized and doctrinated Christianity, but before that there was small sects of Christianity in the first 300 years that bear little resemblence to the Christians of today.

Hate to dissapoint you, but there are some 4,000 + year-old religions (especially in China and India) And I'm not talking about witchcraft or mere separate rituals. I'm talking about a "formal" and "organized" way of worshiping.

This is another topic Christians disagree on. I agree that Christians aren't under OT law and that the grace of Jesus is the real message, however, (and I'm not saying this about you Denise), but it saddens me that so many Christians disregard the OT as unimportant. Many argue that Jesus come to fulfill the laws so that we no longer have to - but that we shouldn't necessarily no longer pay attention to those laws.

The OT is obviously important in context to bear in mind when looking at Christianity, but is not the all-encompassing law of Christians (Mosaic law is what I'm referring to).

For example, Mosaic law was intended for Hebrews, who believed themselves to be the people closest to God and therefore having to follow certain laws that everyone else didn't have to, such as eating "more pure" food.

When Christianity first started, there was disagreement on who could be a Christian - just Jews, those who had converted to Judaism, or anyone. The last choice triumphed. For this reason, Mosaic laws don't really apply to modern Christians. Another reason is Jesus' existance and fulfillment of the Mosaic law so you wouldn't have to (dying for your sins). I'm reporting this all from an unbiased point of view by the way. This is all assuming the books of the Bible are correct (as there are a lot of non canonical Gospels that were written after Jesus' time) and that Jesus did exist. I'm not a Christian.

The historical accuracy of the Bible is a topic that many disagree on, just like people disagree on so many other things. But you are correct in that faith is the real key. :) For any interested in reading Christian apologetics concerning the Bible, below are a few links that might prove helpful. :)

http://www.carm.org/questions_bible.htm

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/authenticity.html

http://www.answers.org/bible/

http://www.biblestudytools.net/

This is another topic Christians disagree on. I agree that Christians aren't under OT law and that the grace of Jesus is the real message, however, (and I'm not saying this about you Denise), but it saddens me that so many Christians disregard the OT as unimportant. Many argue that Jesus come to fulfill the laws so that we no longer have to - but this doesn't mean that we should no longer pay attention to those laws.

No, I'm not a hyper-dispensationalist, and I believe that the OT is important to understand the CONTEXT for all NT living/guidelines. The "law" is supposed to be written on the heart of the Christian believer. But it is super important to explain that we don't go around slaughtering people or taking slaves. Seems that atheists are so stuck on God as lawgiver and judge, that they don't understand that Christians don't live under the 600 plus laws that were given to the Israelites. Most of those laws were laws that were introduced to make living in that culture, more bearable. That is what I'm saying. People use those laws as an excuse to dismiss the bible, but because they are taking them out of context, they dismiss Christianity all together, and particularly, dismiss and ignore the merciful side of God, which was manifest in the person of Jesus Christ.

No, I'm not a hyper-dispensationalist, and I believe that the OT is important to understand the CONTEXT for all NT living/guidelines. The "law" is supposed to be written on the heart of the Christian believer. But it is super important to explain that we don't go around slaughtering people or taking slaves. Seems that atheists are so stuck on God as lawgiver and judge, that they don't understand that Christians don't live under the 600 plus laws that were given to the Israelites. Most of those laws were laws that were introduced to make living in that culture, more bearable. That is what I'm saying. People use those laws as an excuse to dismiss the bible, but because they are taking them out of context, they dismiss Christianity all together, and particularly, dismiss and ignore the merciful side of God, which was manifest in the person of Jesus Christ.

I believe as well that the culture of the time should be taken into context - that's extremely important. Very well said Denise. :)

smite your enemies:

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this, Thy hand grenade, that with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits... in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [Whereupon the friar is urged, "skip ahead a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it." Amen.

Jess has OFFICIALLY WON THIS THREAD.

And an acne cure in the Bible? Get off my internet.

American meat has been linked to all kinds of problems.

Funny to see that in the bible, they used the scientific method. A period of ten days, on a specific diet void of a certain food, notice they even had a control group:

Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat.

Lol.

-YC

Jess has OFFICIALLY WON THIS THREAD.

And an acne cure in the Bible? Get off my internet.

I don't think anyone has officially won the thread... too many different opinions here, and again, the culture and context of the Bible needs to be taken into consideration.

American meat has been linked to all kinds of problems.

Funny to see that in the bible, they used the scientific method. A period of ten days, on a specific diet void of a certain food, notice they even had a control group:

Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat.

Lol.

-YC

Cool observation. :)