Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Real BucK

The cure of acne, is in the bible.

Proverbs 15:13 - "A merry heart maketh a cheerful contenance"

The Hebrew word for cheerful literally means :to make well, literally, sound and beautiful. "

Daniel 1:12-15 - "Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.

Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants. So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days. And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.

I shalt attempth to explain - thou shalt comsumeth andst suckle the flesh of meat for not less than 10 days, andst when thou hast feasted, thine joyous mood willst maketh thine complexion be as fair as an angel.

Haveth thou consumeth the flesh of meat for 10 days?

This doesnt make much sense to me, considering most people "consume" meat for ten consecutive days all the time.

I eat meat everyday, so why do I still have acne!?!?

I shalt attempth to explain - thou shalt comsumeth andst suckle the flesh of meat for not less than 10 days, andst when thou hast feasted, thine joyous mood willst maketh thine complexion be as fair as an angel.

So if I stuff my face with meat for 10 days then I will be acne free?

That verse has the exact opposite meaning of what everyone in this topic is suggesting. It's a reference to fasting.

Nevertheless, the Bible is a poor source of health information in an age when we have such rich scientific tools. It may contain some wisdom, but the ancients didn't have anything close to our resources.

Proverbs 15:13 - "A merry heart maketh a cheerful contenance"

The Hebrew word for cheerful literally means :to make well, literally, sound and beautiful. "

Daniel 1:12-15 - "Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink.

Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants. So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days. And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.

LOL

You can interpret the bible in millions of different ways and you can relate it to million of different things. Hence, there are sooooooooo many religions and sects.

So I wouldn't be surprised if this Forum gives birth to multiple religions and we'd have something like the Evangelical Church of Acne, or Acne Methodist Church, or Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -with-Acne, or we'd have ACNEstants, ACNEtholics, ACNEwish, ACNElims etc, etc.

smite your enemies:

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this, Thy hand grenade, that with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits... in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [Whereupon the friar is urged, "skip ahead a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it." Amen.

the bible verse means eat vegetables and drink water. do that for a couple of weeks and tell me your acne does not go a way.

I'd rather throw some holy hand grenades.

And did the bible mention apples? and enemas? cuz that would be really freaky..... :lol:

its your loss if you don't do it

meh.

I'm 100% clear of acne..... does your fancy bible mention accutane in there? Now THAT would be cool..... "thou shall take accutane, from the loins of Victor Ityius Tomas Andrew....." get it? VIT A? he he he he he

Accutane, now thats an easy way out. Be aware of having increased sensitivity to sunlight, depression, damage to the liver, kidneys, and colon. Make sure you stop taking it if you become pregnant, and remember over 60 cases of suicide and nearly 1,400 cases of psychiatric problems linked with the use of Accutane.

As long as you don't eat pork, (which I believe is stated as an unclean animal in the Bible), don't shave your beard, or eat meat on a Friday, know EXACTLY what price to ask for when selling your slaves, and how much money you will demand from the man who rapes your daughter for payment in exchange for the dowry of thier marriage -

yep. You'll be fine. Juuuust fine. :)

lets look a little bit in more depth about what the bible has to say about dieting.

GENESIS 1:29

"Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

GENESIS 3:23

Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

EVERY HERB BEARING SEED...

(a seed plant which does not develop into a woody long existing plant)

GRAINS - barley, corn, millet, oats, rice, rye, wheat, etc.

SEEDS - sunflower, sesame, flax, pumpkin seeds, etc.

LEGUMES - soybeans, lentils, peas, peanuts, other beans, etc.

SUCCULENT FOODS CONTAINING SEED - bell peppers, cucumbers, eggplant, green beans, melons, okra, pumpkins, squash, , tomatoes, etc.

... and EVERY TREE, in the which is THE FRUIT OF A TREE YIELDING SEED .....

(a woody plant present at in all seasons of the year , shrub, or bush).

FRUITS - citrus fruits, palm fruits, sweet fruits, etc.

NUTS - almonds, brazil, cashews, pecans, walnuts, etc.

GENESIS 1:30

....."And to every beast of the earth and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepth upon the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for meat; and it was so."

GENESIS 3:17-19

"And unto Adam He said, Because thou hast harkened unto the voice of thy wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat of it':

Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life.

Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field. In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground,...... "

After the flood the earth's soil and climate was dramatically changed . In many places on earth it would not be possible to obtain enough food from plant sources during all times of the year.

It was at this time that God gave man permission to each animal flesh. Yet even in this God gave instruction that the blood must be drained from the carcass before eating it.

GENESIS 9:3

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

GENESIS 9:4

But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Animals That Are Clean and Ok To Eat :

Animals that part the hoof, cloven footed and chews cud:

Cow - Deer - Lamb - Caribou - Buffalo - Elk - Goat - Moose

Fish that have fins and scales:

Bass - Bluefish - Crappie - Perch - Pike - Salmon - Sunfish - Trout

Birds that are clean:

Chicken - Turkey - Pheasant - Grouse - Quail

Clean creeping animals:

Locusts - Cricket - Grasshopper

Animals That Are Not Clean To Eat :

No - Animals that do not do all of these:

Part the hoof, cloven footed and chews cud:

Pig (pork) - Rabbit - Raccoon - Squirrel - Monkey - Dog - Coyote - Fox - Wolf - Lion - Tiger - Horse - Mule - Zebra - Bear - Camel - Elephant - Llama - Hippo - Kangaroo

No - Water animals that do not have fins and scales:

Catfish - Eel - Marlin - Shark - Abalone - Clam - Crab - Crayfish - Lobster - Oyster - Shrimp - Jellyfish - Squid - Dolphin - Seal - Whale

No - Unclean Birds:

Bat - Eagle - Osprey - Raven - Duck - Swan -Vulture

No - Unclean creeping animals:

Frog - Toad - Crocodile - Lizard - Snake - Turtle - Salamander - Newt - Snail

Accutane, now thats an easy way out. Be aware of having increased sensitivity to sunlight, depression, damage to the liver, kidneys, and colon. Make sure you stop taking it if you become pregnant, and remember over 60 cases of suicide and nearly 1,400 cases of psychiatric problems linked with the use of Accutane.

for most of it, DUH, for the rest....... don't LIE. Don't spout out numbers that come out of your ass and treat them as fact.

easy way out? no, accutane was the last resort and it worked wonderfully, as it does for millions and millions of people.

not eating meat for a few weeks and eating veggies, sorry to tell you but it's not going to work for most people to stop acne..... no matter WHAT god you believe in.

I'm glad it worked for you. Lots of people have had wild success - even complete clearing of acne - through diet and holistic means. It does not mean, however, that it will work for EVERYONE.

If you want to continue the diatribe against accutane or other medical treatments of acne, I can (and a great many others, I'm sure) can also continue with the diatribe of the more.......less socially acceptable...........aspects of the Bible.

That's all.

The Bible also says this:

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

and this:

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Nice! Not sure how this relates to acne but I'd certainly be wary of following any advice given in the bible

As long as you don't eat pork, (which I believe is stated as an unclean animal in the Bible), don't shave your beard, or eat meat on a Friday, know EXACTLY what price to ask for when selling your slaves, and how much money you will demand from the man who rapes your daughter for payment in exchange for the dowry of thier marriage -

yep. You'll be fine. Juuuust fine. :)

its refeshing to see someone takes the writings of the bible as seriously as i do !! ;)

To the person who started this thread:

I know you are not serious about the "Acne and Bible relationship" . You know it's an irrational relationship. You started something like this to generate some kind of debate or at least try to bring some humor to this forum.

Now GUYS, in regards to the bible, I think it's one of the most (if not the most) complex books on earth. And if there were just one word to describe and summarize all its teachings, it would be LOVE. So forget about trying to take passages out of context. YOU HAVE TO SEE THE WHOLE PICTURE.

I personally DON'T EAT PORK (AND RED MEAT) simply because it breaks me out so terribly. NOT because the bible says this or that. I just wish I were like my friends, they eat absolutely everything without having to worry about their faces. Acne has refrained me from many pleasures!!

To all of you guys:

Your diet should be based on your personal needs.

"IT'S NOT IMPORTANT WHAT GETS INTO YOUR BODY, BUT WHAT COMES OUT OF YOUR HEART"

-Somewhere in the bible

See ?? I don't even know in which section of the bible it is, but I do GET THE IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!! focus on the WHOLE PICTURE!!

What's the point of not eating pork if you have a filthy soul??? What's the point of not drinking coffee if your heart is full of hate????

Muslim Terrorists don't eat pork because it's a sin. However they've been killing thousands of innocent people.

Now GUYS, in regards to the bible, I think it's one of the most (if not the most) complex books on earth. And if there were just one word to describe and summarize all its teachings, it would be LOVE.

"And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead." (Exodus 12:29-30)

"And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt: And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts." (Exodus 11:4-5)

"But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such a one as goeth on still in his trespasses. The Lord said, I will bring again from Bashan, I will bring my people again from the depths of the sea: That thy foot may be dipped in the blood of thine enemies, and the tongue of thy dogs in the same." (Psalms 68:21-23)

"And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter." (I Samuel 6:19)

"Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." (Numbers 31:16-18)

Yeah, it makes me warm and fuzzy and full of love.