Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skin doc

Black heads on nose

When i extract my black heads with an eye brow plucker,

i get little holes where they used to be.

Is this normal? Should i stop?

I am with The Berman Skin Institute

My suggestion is never to try to extract black heads at home. Try to use topical creams such as retin-a, differin, tazorac to rid yourself of such problematic lesions.

:surprised:

When i extract my black heads with an eye brow plucker,

i get little holes where they used to be.

Is this normal? Should i stop?

Yes normal. Yes you should try to stop, because eventually you'll go too hard on them. If you want to continue, only get the easy to pluck ones. And always disinfect the area around where you picked it. Alcohol isn't recommend, but if thats all you have, use qtips when applying. Try to see if you can get some ethanol instead, I know its mixed with that tea tree oil ointment, so try to get that. If both aren't to your liking, use diluted lemon juice instead.

Guest concerto

OMG... you should stop. Retin-A's really great for blackheads. Glycolic acid is also great for blackheads. You are going to get numerous holes on your nose if you don't stop doing that!

OMG... you should stop. Retin-A's really great for blackheads. Glycolic acid is also great for blackheads. You are going to get numerous holes on your nose if you don't stop doing that!

I agree! Retin-A is fantastic on blackheads. I apply it to my nose every night and I'm pretty much blackhead free right now.