Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Applying mineral makeup :)

Hello! I am going to start using my Physicians Formula mineral loose powder... BY ITSELF dun dun dun (no more liquid for a while.. unless I give in).

Well, today I was up at Michaels and I bought a huge fluffy soft "powder" brush (on sale woo).

I'm not really sure what is the correct way to apply minerals? should I return that brush and get a kabuki brush instead?

when i first started with EM, i bought QVS powder brush at target. Didnt really apply my makeup well. So i decided to get EM's kabuki and boy does it apply my MU like a dream...since you bought it, try it out, if it doesnt work out, then get a kabuki brush. :angel: but practicing is the key! i took like foreva to apply my MU at first but now i apply it so good in 1/2 the time :D

If you mix some of your minerals with moisturizer, and then use your powder brush, you might get better results than just the powder brush alone. In general, I would say to get a kabuki. I also use EDM's premium kabuki and love it :).

I do have one thing to add. I too recently (like this very week) started using Physicians Formula Mineral Wear. I find that the coverage isn't as great, but since I only need it to cover my scarring, I dab the foundation on with a Q tip on the marks instead of sweeping the powders all over my face. I find Q tips work much better than foundation brush and after I am happy with the coverage I sweep a clean brush over the area to blend it with my skin. Works perfect!

I put some moisturizer in my hard, sprinkle on some mineral power, mix and apply it like i would regular moisturizer. I have even full coverage (fuller than if I use a brush) and it takes half the time.

Guest Sincerely_Me

You can "sweep" on minerals which people say is easier, or you can "swirl" it into your skin. I do a little bit of both. A little goes a long way, so you you forget that, it can look really cakey. Big kabuki's take longer to get full coverage, while the smaller kabuki's give you good coverage the first time around. And don't go heavy around the eyes, definitely accentuates fine lines...and it looks way more natural an hour or so later than when you first put it on, but it kicks major ass. Glad you're converting =)

But seriously, if you still want something drugstore, and better than PF, IMO...use L'Oreal Bare Naturale. I like it just as much as other minerals I've used.

Thank you! I just bought this kabuki on the internet today--

CB-PK-KBTN.jpg

I hope thats not too big! =\ But I do need as much coverage as possible

Guest Sincerely_Me
Thank you! I just bought this kabuki on the internet today--

CB-PK-KBTN.jpg

I hope thats not too big! =\ But I do need as much coverage as possible

Even if it is a little big, it's not like you won't get coverage, it'll just take you longer to get all of it.