Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STURZ10

Drugs to help life move along

i tried percocet, and i must admit it completely knocks out any emotional or physical pain. i would only take one and a half a day, and i felt completely content. i would never take more than that. the problem is most people like the feeling so much they start taking huge amounts, and thats when it becomes a problem. i dont take them anymore,a nd im kinda glad there not available anymore. something that makes you feel that good can only lead to trouble.

I know what it's like. When you feel like you're going insane and can't take it anymore you resort to ways to numb yourself. When I was on Accutane I was very drugged, depressed, and tried jumping off a building but was stopped thank god. I was on suicide watch and I'm thankful because I wasn't in my right mind. So I'm just saying that I couldn't control myself after a while and felt like I had to keep doing it because I felt I couldn't handle the emotions. It was either the drug or sleep but I got to a realisation that I needed to stop or I won't make it. I hope you get better, seriously because I know.

get some melatonin for that. nyquil has acetomenophin (you knew that) in it. i used to take tylenol PMs to sleep, built up tolerance to the sleep aid in it and realized taking more was super bad for my liver. melatonin is the best (even over benadryl) because you won't get that hangover feeling and it's naturally found in your brain :).

that said, i used to smoke a lot of weed to numb the pain of certain things (not acne, really). it doesn't really get you anywhere.

and Ph*ckLif3, i don't think the poster was specifically saying illicit drugs. i'm sure you use ibuprofen, nyquil, etc. I'm pretty sure the posting was all encompassing to include prescription drugs, like the sort you get for depression.

lol i'm drug free as well, silly. i'm sensitive to everything, even ibuprofen makes me feel weird ;).

I wasn't necessarily targeting you, but making a sarcastic statement about the situation. :P

I am on paxyl 25 mg of the CT in AM and 20 mg at night and a sleeping pill as well.

And my skin is clear now, (other issues),,,,,,,,,

But if it keeps me from driving off that bridge so be it....... :dance:

yeah, since my acne flared up badly my sophmore year of high school, i've been battling intense anxiety. i've been prescribed prozac, which helped a little. It helped that i wasnt freaking out over ridicoulus things, and helped me just be in a better state of mind most of the time. but the downfall was it was sacraficing my sleep. it gave me insomnia, something i never had to deal with it, (i used to sleep my life away at 14, cuz i couldnt handle my own thoughts, let alone life. i could fall asleep at the drop of a hat). So,my dr. prescribed paxil after i told her my issues with prozac.it didnt do a thing. so back to prozac but with another antidepressant,trazadone, to help me sleep. i didnt like this 'regimin' after a few months so i stopped everything all together. now i realize what i just really want is someone who will just listen unbiasly, not judge and help me find some coping stratagies. thats what i think i really need. just giving some history on the topic, hope ive been some help! ps. keepur chin up, and know in a few years, this sad moment will probably not even be remembered :D

Antidepressants are good short term but bad long term. Since you can't take antidepressants forever, once you get off of it, you will have serious withdrawal issues and you're usually worse than before you had taken the drugs.

Depends what drugs you mean.

I have been on prozac and anti-depressants before for about 1 year and to tell you the truth i cant remember anything about that period of time, as if i have missed a whole year of my life.

My family said I was exsisting but not living if you know what I mean, thankfully now I am off them and back to myself. I think it depends on what the matter is up with you, as to whether to turn to medication or not.

Alot of people are questioning whether I meant prescription drugs or illicit drugs. Really i am curious about anyone using either to cope with problems. Strongly curious about illicit drugs.

drugs is what help me get by the day

same, well for alcohol. I'm like tipsy 90 percent of the time at work. It makes me feel more secure, but I don't get drunk (or to the point were you can't walk or talk normally)

anyways I'm pretty sad I guess.

I'm a recovering drug addict. Got almost 6 years clean. Before those six years started, though, I was on drugs thinking that it would make me someone else, make me feel different, something, anything other than what I was. It worked, for a while. Then the pain kept coming back, kept having to use more and more to make it go away.

Eventually, no matter how much I used, I could still feel the pain. That's the real sad thing about it - even after it became OBVIOUS that no amount of drugs was going to numb me, I still kept trying. That's true insanity.

They - or rather, I should say - I- nearly killed myself with drugs.

And so, I've been spending the last six years learning how to deal with emotions without chemicals. Not always fun, but better than where I was six years ago. Way better.