Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest fireda502

Question

Guest fireda502

Ok so I have a question. It may be kind of stupid, but it would ease my mind if someone with similar circumstances would answer, or anyone who knows, lol. Ive been on tane for almost 7 months, and havent had any soda the whole 7 months, or even for months before that. Basically I havent had it in a long time, because it gives me cysts... Anyway I had a lot of pepsi tonight due to a special ocasion, there wasnt anything else to drink, lol. I dont plan on having anymore soda at all for a while. Is there any chance I might breakout again?? :wall::wall::wall:

Personally, I think your over reacting just a little. I don't believe that soda can cause acne; nor can chocolate, pizza, hamburgers, etc. But I won't jump to conclusions where your concerned, because who knows, it might, and if this has been your experience...But I don't think one slip will do any harm. Rest assured, you'll be fine. :) Also, you have been on Accutane for seven months, you should be clear, aren't you? You should be having no worries.

Guest fireda502
Personally, I think your over reacting just a little. I don't believe that soda can cause acne; nor can chocolate, pizza, hamburgers, etc. But I won't jump to conclusions where your concerned, because who knows, it might, and if this has been your experience...But I don't think one slip will do any harm. Rest assured, you'll be fine. :) Also, you have been on Accutane for seven months, you should be clear, aren't you? You should be having no worries.

Yeah I realize I'm probably over reacting, but a breakout would really bum me out. I have not gotten any breakouts the whole course, but I have had the same red marks from pre-tane the whole course too, and a breakout would of course add to it. They're not small either. And I know that sugary things break me out, or used too. Every time I ate a donut or drank soda, I could expect to get cysts. It never failed. Anyway, thanks for replying :D. I have a derm appt. soon so If anything happens, Ill inject those suckas.

Yeah I realize I'm probably over reacting, but a breakout would really bum me out. I have not gotten any breakouts the whole course, but I have had the same red marks from pre-tane the whole course too, and a breakout would of course add to it. They're not small either. And I know that sugary things break me out, or used too. Every time I ate a donut or drank soda, I could expect to get cysts. It never failed. Anyway, thanks for replying :D. I have a derm appt. soon so If anything happens, Ill inject those suckas.

I'm also in the camp that food doesn't cause acne *in general*. You may or may not have an association with soda, but regardless.....

When I took accutane, I found that NONE of the things I thought caused acne for me did any more. For me it wasn't food, but fatigue and stress. During and after accutane, I could go without sleep, go through considerable stress, etc. and not break out. Therefore, my guess is that if the accutane is working for you, soda won't make you break out. Good luck.

well chocolate gives me acne if anyone cares..i dont know about soda but maybe if u drink like 5 32 ounces a day maybe but i dont think so...y not drink caffinated drinks they are the best