Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xtine2220

fatty foods???

Does anyone have some suggestions for fatty foods that i can take accutane with? it helps absorb the med more right??

fish & chips, chicken & chips, cheese pizza... actually all sorts of take aways :dance:

I take it with a peanut butter sandwich if I eat a low fat dinner.

Yes I stick with peanut butter too, or guacamole... sometimes some cheese.

I don't like to eat fatty foods (I have had to add these foods to my normal diet), so I eat them once a day and take both pills at the same time.

If you want to not eat foods that will have a negative inpact on your blood lipids, stick with "good fats" as much as possible, like those found in oily fish, avocado, olive oil, nuts, etc.

If you want to not eat foods that will have a negative inpact on your blood lipids, stick with "good fats" as much as possible, like those found in oily fish, avocado, olive oil, nuts, etc.

don't get me wrong... but how do YOU know what are the 'good fats'?

Because i read? Go look at the American Heart Association website, it explains all about "good fats" (mono and poly unsaturated fats) although eating saturated fats in moderation is ok. Stay away from artifical trans fats which are always bad. Essentially - unsaturated fats lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol (this is a positive effect on blood lipids), saturated fats raise bad cholesterol (not so good), and trans fats raise bad cholesterol and lower good cholesterol (negative effect).

I eat healthy and work out 4-5 times a week. So eating lots of fatty foods is not an option for me. I agree with beentheredonethat about the "good fats". Good fats are found in things like walnuts, almonds, natural non-homogenized peanut butter, flaxseed, tuna, and salmon. What I do to make sure I'm taking accutane with fat is take a flaxseed oil supplement with it. The recommended dosage of flaxseed oil on most bottles is 3 pills a day. But really if you're not getting omega-3 fatty acids from other foods you should be taking about 6 a day. Flaxseed oil is not only good for your cholesterol, but it is also good for your skin and can be helpful for women to regulate their hormones.

I eat healthy and work out 4-5 times a week. So eating lots of fatty foods is not an option for me. I agree with beentheredonethat about the "good fats". Good fats are found in things like walnuts, almonds, natural non-homogenized peanut butter, flaxseed, tuna, and salmon. What I do to make sure I'm taking accutane with fat is take a flaxseed oil supplement with it. The recommended dosage of flaxseed oil on most bottles is 3 pills a day. But really if you're not getting omega-3 fatty acids from other foods you should be taking about 6 a day. Flaxseed oil is not only good for your cholesterol, but it is also good for your skin and can be helpful for women to regulate their hormones.

I questioned beentheredonethat because personally i don't belive in any of these good/bad dietetary tables. They change so often that probably tomorrow all of what is the best today will become very unhealthy. Here is for example an article about your super best flax seed oil: http://www.clickpress.com/releases/Detailed/11020005cp.shtml

If your really concerned with eating fatty foods with your pills, I would suggest peanut butter or avacado, maybe even a glass of milk. Personally I just take mine after my dinner regardless of what I am having.

I questioned beentheredonethat because personally i don't belive in any of these good/bad dietetary tables. They change so often that probably tomorrow all of what is the best today will become very unhealthy.

I give the best advice i can via the most current info available to me. If you want to take your Accutane dose with fried chicken and a spoonful of partially hydrogenated shortening - have at it. But don't come crying to me when your doctor pulls your med due to high lipids.

I questioned beentheredonethat because personally i don't belive in any of these good/bad dietetary tables. They change so often that probably tomorrow all of what is the best today will become very unhealthy.

I give the best advice i can via the most current info available to me. If you want to take your Accutane dose with fried chicken and a spoonful of partially hydrogenated shortening - have at it. But don't come crying to me when your doctor pulls your med due to high lipids.

haha, yeah, i agree with you completely, and i eat healthy foods only for the most part, so thanks for the helpful advice!