Notifications
Clear all

Great subcision picture?

MemberMember
(@doggydogg)

Posted : 12/13/2006 5:40 pm

There was a really good picture of a patient whose scars were improved dramatically with subcision on a drs website that was posted here a long time ago. Not Dr. Rapaport but it was from a group of Doctors who I think were practicing somewhere in Queens, New York. They were three Chinese doctors if I am not mistaken. I tried to do a search but came out empty. Anyone with any info as to who these doctors are would be greatly appreciated. thanks

MemberMember
(@rossignol)

Posted : 12/20/2006 11:49 am

Those pictures are of Tamara (Oursfan) - she has written extensively about her experiences in the thread "Had Subcision Today" (9 pages long) - there are also pictures of her results from a later needling procedure in that thread.

MemberMember
(@dazarooni)

Posted : 12/21/2006 11:17 pm

Was it this one you were looking for?

http://www.itzan.com/foto%20subcis%20eng.htm

MemberMember
(@katiekat)

Posted : 05/01/2007 11:50 pm

Was it this one you were looking for?

http://www.itzan.com/foto%20subcis%20eng.htm

MemberMember
(@bama2000)

Posted : 05/02/2007 12:11 am

I am not going to discuss the results...but look at the shadows of the before versus the after. On the before you can see how the chin has a very stark contrast, indicating an overhead, directional type of lighting. The after does not have this.

Anyone who has this type of scarring knows how critical and tricky lighting and pictures are...its not an exact science. A slight change in angle can make a monumental difference. The problem is that when you are in bad lighting and you move around your scars are going to "light up" from time to time...say if you are talking to someone. Anyway...rambling a bit now, just saying pictures can be EXTREMELY deceiving. Sometimes it is intentional...sometimes its just because you didnt use the right lighting.

I saw my doc and he was saying how well the silicone has gone, while I saw zero improvement. Sure in soft lighting it looks OK...but it looks just as bad in overhead lighting...and I have the pictures to prove it. Docs rarely seem to understand this and use this to their advantage either.

MemberMember
(@scarcrash)

Posted : 05/02/2007 11:36 am

I spent $3000 on subscision from some fancy pants manhatten (NYC) dermatologist.

Results? Absolutely None.

Save your money for hard alcohol. Might as well just drown you sorrows because acne scars can never be removed (and not even reduced in my case)!

People that do not sustain acne scars have absolutely no idea about the bullet that they dodged.

This is literally something that can and does ruin lives.

MemberMember
(@sheryllynn)

Posted : 05/02/2007 6:57 pm

I had subcision done and it really helped with some of my rolling type scars. Go to a doctor that does a lot of them. It' worth a try, it works for some scars and not others.

MemberMember
(@ylem)

Posted : 05/02/2007 7:37 pm

I spent $3000 on subscision from some fancy pants manhatten (NYC) dermatologist.

Results? Absolutely None.

Save your money for hard alcohol. Might as well just drown you sorrows because acne scars can never be removed (and not even reduced in my case)!

People that do not sustain acne scars have absolutely no idea about the bullet that they dodged.

This is literally something that can and does ruin lives.

MemberMember
(@unhappenstance)

Posted : 05/02/2007 8:02 pm

daaang, regaurdless of whatever thas some good improvement

MemberMember
(@touchthesky_86)

Posted : 05/03/2007 11:22 pm

I have some that are a lot like the ones in that picture, and it's insane how much a tiny change in angle can do.

I'm not saying the before and after pics aren't real, but I'm hesitant to believe it. I'd have to see it for myself.

It's got nothing to do with subcision, but scarcrash, I couldn't agree more. If anyone is reading this and you have no scars, or even just a couple of light ones, that's something you should always feel really great about. I don't care who you are, what your position in life is or how successful you are, having scars on your face is extremely painful, every day. I'd give up anything to change it.

MemberMember
(@katiekat)

Posted : 05/04/2007 3:06 pm

I have some that are a lot like the ones in that picture, and it's insane how much a tiny change in angle can do.

I'm not saying the before and after pics aren't real, but I'm hesitant to believe it. I'd have to see it for myself.

It's got nothing to do with subcision, but scarcrash, I couldn't agree more. If anyone is reading this and you have no scars, or even just a couple of light ones, that's something you should always feel really great about. I don't care who you are, what your position in life is or how successful you are, having scars on your face is extremely painful, every day. I'd give up anything to change it.

MemberMember
(@cm77)

Posted : 05/04/2007 4:17 pm

Anyone know the doctor in Queens that did this?

MemberMember
(@rodrigg)

Posted : 03/24/2013 8:35 pm

Dr. Hyun Soo Lee of Lee Dermatology

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 03/25/2013 9:05 am

Those pictures are of Tamara (Oursfan) - she has written extensively about her experiences in the thread "Had Subcision Today" (9 pages long) - there are also pictures of her results from a later needling procedure in that thread.

Tamara (ours fan) was the inspiration for me undergoing subcision. Her photos and results were remarkable.

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 03/25/2013 5:28 pm

i can't get that link to work ..i'd like to see the pics ...matt ur pic ur skin looks great mate!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/27/2013 7:49 pm

Have you done any treatments from him?