Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CherryBunny3

Choosing new make up.

Iam getting tired of how my make up looks lately..., i love that it doesnt break me out and heals some of my acne , love almay line and all it just i found out its a little pinkish when i apply it and it does blend in and looks better at the end of the day but at first the color looks so different and i have yellow undertones iam guessing...so it doesnt really match and iam hating it..

So iam thinking to get something from those department stores or switch to neutrogena (sp?) , but for the department store a co-worker told me about prescreptive and it doesnt break her out ( thats what she said) but iam worried to use something and make me break out coz i have sensitive skin (she does as well) but not sure if it will be an okay thing , what you guys think? and what kind of ingredients i should look out for and whats the best brands from the department stores are okay to use on acne ? and have lots of good shades

Now about neutrogena , is it good as almay? and i noticed it has more shades , but does it last and does it cover as good..

If anyone happened to use almay , what is the best shade for yellow undertones , iam using clearing make up and i've used mostly all the shades , either they are too dark or close enough but yet pinkish.. :confused:

Iam also thinking alot about minerals , but how can i make it look less powdery and looks like a smooth liquid natural look and coverage ? any tips and what best good brand of mineral make up to use with acne , and something that covers the red marks

Also a good green concealer that wouldnt stand out much , or any good tips to not make it stand out , i tried using concealer on top as much but still i can see the greenish stuff under different lights...

Concealer...any good concealers i should try out? maybe concealer that covers red marks pretty well without using the green stuff ?

this is confuseing :doubt: sorry for my bad english lol.

I really really recommend checking out this link right here if you want to go buy makeup.. I never buy makeup without going here first.

Thanks mandy =) i do check there at times , but i ask here more because most of people here are dealing with acne , and that site not sure if all people there are dealing with this skin issue , some can use a make up and it wont be harsh on their skin because their skin is already clear..and doesnt tend to break out like my skin or others here.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! please choose mineral make up!!!! you can get the sample kit from everyday minerals for nothing plus less than $3 for shipping!

I swear it doesn't look powdery and looks very natural! Even when I had a lot of active acne it covered it 1000 times better than any liquid ever did!

right now I'm using everyday minerals, but there's lots that would be great for you, you just have to find the right one!

I just hate seeing people waste their money on anything else now.

(I hate to use myself, but see see see, lol.... that's with ONE layer of mineral make up, plus blush)

I really really recommend checking out this link right here if you want to go buy makeup.. I never buy makeup without going here first.

I didn't even need to click the link to know you were linking makeupalley.com

i go there daily as well. <3 it.

Guest Sincerely_Me

Two opinions.

Number one, I used to use Neutrogena, it has more shades, and it really does cover. I used the skin clearing make up, not because it did anything for my skin, but because it looked natural. I used the powder over it and it looked REALLY good.

Then I got into minerals.

After trying Joppa, Signature, and EDM, I prefer EDM. It looks natural, but it does take some practice to get it to look good.

I would go with neutrogena if you don't want to take the mineral plunge, but if you want to, go for EDM.