Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
azcardskill

Please help me improve my regimen

ok, this is what ive been doing since october 31 and my acne isnt getting a whole lot better, please let me know how i can improve my regimen.

Morning:

clean face w/ Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Wash

dip face into sink full of warm water for 150 seconds

take shower

wait 5 minutes and then apply a 5% Benzoyl Peroxide + 3% Erythromycin gel combo (is this better than dans 2.5 benz?)

wait 10 minutes

apply Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion mixed with jojoba oil

eat four waffles and take 1 g of fish oil

Afternoon:

lunch is usually dominoes pizza or subway sandwich

take 1 g of fish oil

Night:

dinner is usually chicken, pork, steak, or spaghetti

take 1 g of fish oil and 50 mg of zinc

clean face w/ Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Wash

dip face into sink full of warm water for 150 seconds

wait 5 minutes and then put on benz./eryth. combo gel

wait 5 minutes and apply Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion without jojoba oil

my face has been the same, maybe a little better, since starting this regimen on October 31. before October 31 all i was using was Clindamycin which wasn't helping. i also see my doctor once a week to get a light treatment which i don't think helps at all. if anyone has any suggestions of how to improve my regimen please let me know. thank you.

I see 2 things that I would change (if it were me).

1. I would switch from Cetaphil cleanser to something that actually cleanses. I did not like Cetaphil when I tried it.

2. I would eliminate dipping face into the sink.

I can't really say what to do with your bp/antibiotic combo, it's not like you can use that in a generous amount like we do with the Regimen.

But hang in there, it can take 6-8 weeks, even with prescriptions, to see good results with topical regimens.

Since you see your derm often, you might mention your dissatisfaction with your current routine and get his advice.

thanks brandy for responding. i actuallly use a generous amount of the combo bsince our insurance covers most of the cost. my derm told me i should think about retin-a but it would make my face red. i am going to get a new cleanser, probably the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash. just one question, why would you suggest stopping the dipping in the sink?

just one question, why would you suggest stopping the dipping in the sink?

There's no point to it. You've already washed, and then you soak your face in your sink? Why? It just seems like a waste of time. And unless you scrub and clean your sink everyday, you are probably getting germs from it onto your face. Sinks can be very nasty.

just one question, why would you suggest stopping the dipping in the sink?

There's no point to it. You've already washed, and then you soak your face in your sink? Why? It just seems like a waste of time. And unless you scrub and clean your sink everyday, you are probably getting germs from it onto your face. Sinks can be very nasty.

ok, thanks. i'm going to do what you suggested.