Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rebellgyrl

Since I have been getting tons of pms, this should be pinned.

Hi guys!

I just wanted to update here since I get LOADS of pms almost everyday, and its getting tougher for me to answer them in a timely manner, I wanted to post here the answers to the most asked questions. I hope this helps someone.

1. My improvements have held up. Iam still super super pleased with my results. My scars seem/are a thing of the past.A very sad past, one I am glad is done with. Really a "pinch me" am I dreaming type thing.Its been like 2 1/2 maybe 3 years since I started silicone and no complaints.I thank god everyday, everyday! For me this was the right choice.

2. My recs for doctors are as follows. In order of best results/technique for me:

Dr barry resnik is a genius. His technique is just SUPERB. hes also got an AMAZING eye for detail. Hes in aventura florida. resderm.com is his site.

Dr david duffy in torrance CA is a great great great man and doctor. Funny guy and long winded talker. But caring, thougrouh and an authority in scars and silicone

Dr stepehn mandy in miami fl, great d r, tons of experience with siliocne, 25 plus years I think. Bu hes VERY conservative, so I didnt like that too much.

Dr oscar hevia. miami, fl Great guy. good dr.

Dr oreintrech in ny I have heard is very good and his father taught many of the docs on my list. so if youre in NY check him out.

3.My main advice is this is not magic. the reuslts wont happen overnight. it takes TIME. and lots of it. If you try to rush this, then you will have problems. If you need results asap this may not be for you. I know that sucks to hear, but I used to be one of those " I want it now" types and I always ended with more problems when I acted that way. So please realize it takes time, it will fill in but you may need alot of treatments depending on a variety of reasons. some of those reasons are dr technique, bodys collagen production, general health etc etc.

4.As far as the dangers of silicone. I tell everyone who has ANY fear or concern to pick a scar in a relatively obscure place on their face ie: side of cheek, lower chin, etc. GET THAT ONE SCAR TREATED FIRST. Yes you will essentially be paying 400 for one scar, but this will then give you a months time to see if your body reacts negatively to the silicone. You only get one face after all.However, for those of you who are not concerned of the small percentage of negative response patients to silicone, ignore this one.

I hope this has been a help to someone.

Thanks for the info! I pm'd you but if you could answer here how many treatments you had before your success, I am curious! I know it differs for size and depth of scars. I haven't had any negative effects after my first treatment but no real results yet either. Hoping I see results soon!

I too have experienced no negative side effects. In fact, I am VERY acne prone and broke out right in an area where the silicone was injected, but miraculously the lesion resolved without pushing the silicone up or leaving a lump. I consider myself to be the riskiest candidate for this, and yet I have not had any negative side effect so far so I am happy. Unfortunately it is slow. I started on 9/22 and have still not seen any major improvemnt. I just had my third round on 12/5 so things should start to get interesting. My doc is one of those uber conservatives with this though :(

Hi Rebellgyr,

Can you tell me where you had your LIS done? I talked to Dr. David Duffy in Torrance and turns out he doesn't do Silicone... only non perm. fillers - which is a shame because he would have been local for me.

I don't mind flying out to wherever to have the most competent Dr. perform this procedure since it is so permanent.

Thanks

Hi guys!

I just wanted to update here since I get LOADS of pms almost everyday, and its getting tougher for me to answer them in a timely manner, I wanted to post here the answers to the most asked questions. I hope this helps someone.

1. My improvements have held up. Iam still super super pleased with my results. My scars seem/are a thing of the past.A very sad past, one I am glad is done with. Really a "pinch me" am I dreaming type thing.Its been like 2 1/2 maybe 3 years since I started silicone and no complaints.I thank god everyday, everyday! For me this was the right choice.

2. My recs for doctors are as follows. In order of best results/technique for me:

Dr barry resnik is a genius. His technique is just SUPERB. hes also got an AMAZING eye for detail. Hes in aventura florida. resderm.com is his site.

Dr david duffy in torrance CA is a great great great man and doctor. Funny guy and long winded talker. But caring, thougrouh and an authority in scars and silicone

Hi guys!

Dr stepehn mandy in miami fl, great d r, tons of experience with siliocne, 25 plus years I think. Bu hes VERY conservative, so I didnt like that too much.

Dr oscar hevia. miami, fl Great guy. good dr.

Dr oreintrech in ny I have heard is very good and his father taught many of the docs on my list. so if youre in NY check him out.

3.My main advice is this is not magic. the reuslts wont happen overnight. it takes TIME. and lots of it. If you try to rush this, then you will have problems. If you need results asap this may not be for you. I know that sucks to hear, but I used to be one of those " I want it now" types and I always ended with more problems when I acted that way. So please realize it takes time, it will fill in but you may need alot of treatments depending on a variety of reasons. some of those reasons are dr technique, bodys collagen production, general health etc etc.

4.As far as the dangers of silicone. I tell everyone who has ANY fear or concern to pick a scar in a relatively obscure place on their face ie: side of cheek, lower chin, etc. GET THAT ONE SCAR TREATED FIRST. Yes you will essentially be paying 400 for one scar, but this will then give you a months time to see if your body reacts negatively to the silicone. You only get one face after all.However, for those of you who are not concerned of the small percentage of negative response patients to silicone, ignore this one.

I hope this has been a help to someone.

do you have any before photos or photos of scars that are similar to yours that you got treated. i'm curious to see what the before and after effects are visually. there aren't that many or even a few pictures that are assoiciated with ssilicone microdroplet for scars. and no one really seems to have any before and after photos that have gotten this procedure done.