Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueSuedeShoes

23 Yr Old with acne

Hi,

Im a 23 yr old male. When I was 14/15 I developed very bad acne. My dermatologist put me on Roaccutane when I was 18 and my skin cleared up perfectly within 6 months. Not a single spot anywhere.

Over the last yr though, my skin has started to gradually worsen. At first it was just the odd spot. Now however, I have this redness above my upper lip, as well as numerous spots around my mouth and chin. Also, I have some red marks on my cheeks. I wouldn't describe them as pustules/papules/whatver they are called (they are very flat), but they are appearing - some days worse than others.

Currently I wash my face with clearasil twice a day and use Nivea aftershave balm moisturiser.

My doctor told me when I went to see him a couple of months ago that it was grand, but I know myself its not.

What should I do? Any suggestions?

Sorry, I have no photo to show you.

Go to another doctor or a derm and be ready to fight it aggressively... and we'll be here to support

I agree with the previous post, go to another derm if acne is really starting to bother you. If it was me, I wouldn't hesitate to go on Tane for a second ride if the first was successful.

first off scrap the clearisil , just use water or a mild soap and wait a few weeks to see if your bad skin is returing. Then if you are adament it is go to a different doctor and see what he recommends.