Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
n00bie

Applying minerals with a flocked sponge?

I'm so excited for my minerals to arrive! I already have a kabuki, but I don't really want to use it with my minerals right when they arrive--just in case I break out, so I'll know if it's the makeup that's irritating my skin or the brush. And since I have a few extra flocked sponges around, and I know those work fine on my skin...

Has anyone tried applying dry minerals with a dry sponge? I saw this suggested a few times on some MMU websites (like Aromaleigh), but they were never really that specific about how they did it. And how did you find the coverage, etc.?

I've never tried or even heard of applying it that way, sounds interesting!

Does it help with the coverage or something??

Well, I've heard that it gives nice heavyish coverage if you wet the sponge, squeeze out most of the water so it's only a liiitle wet, and apply the dry minerals with that. To use a sponge also helps with pores, if that's something you worry about.

But I've not heard anyone explain how to do it with dry minerals and a dry sponge, even though they mention you can do it that way. :confused:

The ones I have are those soft white rectangular/diamond/oval sponges that you apply, say, pressed foundation with. I bought mine in a pack for cheap enough. The sponges you have are probably it. XD Have fun trying it! :D

Yer EM sells focked sponges. Yes i heard that it gives a heavy coverage in 1/2 the time instead of the kabuki. never tried it though. tells us how it goes. What brand MU you have?