Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How long did it last for you? My second week will be over on Monday and my skin looks about the worst it's ever looked. It breaks out EVERY day. (first week i was taking the tazorac every other day) Then again I guess the people tazorac worked for wouldn't be on these boards....

Hi,

Can't say it's the same for you, but when I first started Taz, I was directed to wash my face, wait 30min, then 1 hour later wash it off. I didn't get any irritation, minimal dryness, and no initial breakout.

But then again, I was also on Minocycline, so that might be why I didn't break out like crazy.

The only thing I noticed at first was a few tiny bumps. They went away quickly.

Since you're on it every day, I'd say a few more weeks, and things should calm down. Don't overuse this product, and FOLLOW the directions.

You just started...so what you're seeing now is pretty normal.

Sorry to go on and on...feel free to ask anything...Tazorac worked perfect for me, and still does!!! smile.gif

Marvel, thanks for the reply. What cleanser were you using with it? Also, has it been working for you without the minocycline? Or are you still on that?

Thanks.

Hi!

I'm still on the minocycline, so I can't comment too much on that.

For a cleanser, I'm using Spectro Jel. I love it.

I wash my face with just water in the morning, and cleanser at night.

No toner, no moisturizer.

All I can say is keep using it, but don't use a lot, and don't spot treat with it.

Also, it's good idea not to use any other treatment products along with the taz, this could really increase irritation and make the breakouts look worse than they actually are.

Tazorac also works great for skin rejuvenation (which is half the reason I'm on it, I'm obsessed with clear, smooth, even toned skin at any cost).

I wish I could be of more help...I love Tazorac, but I know somethings don't work as well for others...

hths, and feel free to ask any other questions...I'll try to answer them the best I can!

Good luck! I saw results with the taz pretty quickly, just not 2 weeks quickly. smile.gif

All I can say is just hang in there, it's worth it later on down the road. When i first started Taz, I had a couple of big breakouts. The biggest came at week 6 but from then on was smooth sailing. I've been on Taz for about 11 months and get the occasional pimple here and there but not what i used to be. Just don't get discouraged and be consistent with it. It will work, you just got to give it time. Good luck!

Yeah. I was also on Bactrim which helped also. Then after my face got better, my derm gave me duac to put on in the morning if i did happen to get a break-up now and then.

I am on Tazorac and have been for 8 weeks now. My initial breakout lasted about 3-4 weeks and I can honestly say that I had never looked worse in my life. I had mild acne and after using taz it looked severe. But now my skin is almost completely clear. When I first started using taz my skin would burn and it was very dry and irritated. However, even after my doc told me I could use it every other day, I still continued to use it every single night and after about a week or so, my skin acclamated to it and it doesn't bother me at all. I also kept it on all night, I had never heard of washing it off until I came on this site. My doc told me that once you start using it every night then in 12 weeks your skin should look amazing. It is week 8 and I can just visualize my doc's prediction coming true by christmas. JUst grin and bear and trust me it will work. I had almost given up but now I trust this product 100%. I am also on erythromycin 3x's a day and I was using cleocin t but stopped because doc thinks i'm allergic. She gave me klaron to use but I dont bother with it. I'm happy with the taz alone and I was reading the taz pamhlet about there being some kind of interference with sulfa based products. Hang in there it will get better.

i just started my fourth week of taz on monday. i went into with a patient outlook and that has helped me. a few times my face was "this" close to being free of active zits and then i would breakout, but not like i used to. each breakout has been less and less and i don't breakout in the spots i had already broken out while on taz. this supports that it is actually cleaning out the pores. i've gotten great results and am only expecting even more improvement. keep at it, it's amazing stuff.

Well I will have been on Taz for 4 weeks tomorrow, and my skin is still breaking out and disgusting. When did your initial breakouts end? Is there some miracle in the 4th week? 8-[