Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PinkMoon

Too much BP or buildup of flakes?

I've been on the DKR for about 2 months now and am pretty pleased with the results. My face still breaks out, but these are becoming smaller and less frequent. I started using Jojoba Oil after my first month and this has mostly controlled the appearance of my flakes - but I know the flakes are still there and this is turning into a pretty big problem.

When I started using more BP I found that before I could rub it in completely it would begin to ball up and so instead of it rubbing and absorbing in, I would just get globs of BP everywhere - especially in areas where my flakes were most apparent. I tried cutting back on the amount of BP (instead of a full finger, 3/4 or 1/2 a finger) which helped, but then I would break out more. I use 2.5% Benzac AC - a water based gel.

The flaking also causes me to pick at my face more..as I try to rub off the globs of BP or moisturiser during the day, which just build up - which I know is just adding to irritation = bad news for my face.

So, I need to know whether the balling up of BP is caused by using too much of the gel itself, the buildup of flakes, or something else? (I'm in Australia so the only AHA I have access to is some leftover Jergens Ash Relief Moisturiser from when I was in the States - does anyone have any experience with this? I wanted to put off using any AHA until after I was clear, but it looks like I'm running out of other options..)

Apologies for the long post, but any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I use an Australian brand moisturiser, Eulactol Moisturising Balm for Sensitive Skin. I have very dry skin in the places where I don't have acne, and this is the only thing that my skin is happy with and that doesn't make me shiny or break out.

I know that I can't always trust the labels, but it does say that it doesn't clog pores, but it does contain sandalwood, rosewood and rosemary oils - which most people try to avoid, but my skin doesn't seem to have a problem with it.