Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne will end

Question to marijuana smokers..

I feel whenever i smoke weed and look in the mirror my acne looks worse rather than when im straight and look in the mirror.. I dont know anyone else feel like that when ever they smoke? i think im just gonna stop smoking because i look in the mirror and i feel my acne looks worse. . i dont know

well to me it s pretty simple, weed only aggravate or "accentuate" the state of mind your in , if your happy , youll be twice as happy , if your down , twice as down and so on... so if your already sadden by your acne, you ll only see it worse then it was b4...

that s my opinion , but i m pretty sure there s ur answer...it s logical and proven...

cheers!!... and i d advise you to stop smoking , it adds toxins to your system and everything you put in is gonna come out somehow....(well for my experience that what happens.. if i do smoke up a few days in a row, BAM breakouts !!! ... weed makes you stressed, and lazy to follow rules and regimens...so that might explains it too)

nways.. good luck !! stay healthy , it s the only true answer ( to me) ..

Yeah its a good idea to stop smoking, it is bad for you anyway.

Indeed, any type of smoking damages the skin and aggravates acne. I had a friend who had pretty bad acne and as soon as he stopped smoking weed his acne went away!

Wish it was that easy for everyone :razz:

I'm in the same boat as you, unfortunately.

I smoke weed, but whenever I do, I get a maaaasive breakout.

So I've given up. Tis annoying.

GET OFF THE WEEEEEEED MANG!

Your messing with your brain!!!!

You will have PERMENANTLY reduced reflexes!

You will have PERMENANTLY reduced critical thinking skills!

SOON WEED WILL HAVE NO EFFECT ON YOU AND YOU WILL START DOING HEROIN, COCAINE, EX, and try other drugs that will actually give u a rush/high.

THESE WILL KILL YOU!

DRUGS ARE BAD!!! didnt ur mommy every tell you that?

I dont do drugs but in the past tried some things. I found pot to make me paranoid about myself, and everything. So that was that!

No more for me!!!!! :dance:

SOON WEED WILL HAVE NO EFFECT ON YOU AND YOU WILL START DOING HEROIN, COCAINE, EX, and try other drugs that will actually give u a rush/high.

THESE WILL KILL YOU!

-Barely

-Yes, but how reduced? VERY little, not enough to even notice.

-No.

-It's possible, but saying it "WILL" is way intense. It is only a gateway drug if you want it to be.

Weed will never kill you. The harder stuff will, but it's your job to stay away from that shit. Pot itself is harmless, and in some cases beneficial.

My "mommy" did tell me that. She also said that if I'm gonna be messing with drugs, it should be weed as it's harmless.

Weed could be a contributing factor in acne.

But I know since I have done it and for a while when I was younger.

Weed effects your short term memory A LOT.

This effects in turn your long term memory.

This effects work, home, relationships, simple tasks.

You can spot a heavy weed smoker a mile away, he is the guy/girl who is just not with it in the normal sense and is very very forgetful.

When I smoked weed my jobs suffered, I could not rememeber simply stuff, my motivation was lacking.

Also weed gives you munchies and eating too much cr** can as I know from a lot of years experiacne with spots, that junk is not doing you any favours and is probably one of the main reasons why your spots are very bad.

Cut out the weed, stop ingesting all that junk.

Drink a lot of water and make an conceited effort to improve your life, your zits are most probably a sign of what your doing is not right.

That usually means, munchies and filling your body with total sh**.

Not to mention the lethargic response weed gives that must put a stress on your body by keeping it a drousy over-slept state.

I have no idea why derm’s prescribe drugs to people that are not willing to do anything other then pop a magic pill, but insist on going on in there lifes even though it is evident they are not following simple rules to look after there own health.

Weed as a very negative effect, the biggest one it screws up your memory and there is even proof it is linked to mental health problems later on.

It also can cause cancer due to the mix of tobacco.

Follow the advice or not, if you want to get rid of acne and improve your life listen to your body and make a change right now!!

THESE WILL KILL YOU!

Ummmm no.. Actually alcohol damages your body worse. THC does not permentaly reduce reflexes nor critical thinking. It may for a brief moment, while being under the influence. It will not cause you to do other drugs either.

I feel whenever i smoke weed and look in the mirror my acne looks worse rather than when im straight and look in the mirror.. I dont know anyone else feel like that when ever they smoke? i think im just gonna stop smoking because i look in the mirror and i feel my acne looks worse. . i dont know

I have read that man used to smoke cannabis befor he hunted due to it improving your vision.

I found this...

Cannabis Improves Night Vision, Study Says

June 17, 2004 - Missoula, MT, USA

Missoula, MT: Administration of cannabis improves night vision in a dose-dependent manner, according to the findings of a case study to be published in the July issue of the Journal of Ethnopharmacology.

Researchers administered oral THC to one individual; analogous field studies were performed on three separate subjects before and after smoking cannabis. All four subjects were field-tested for night vision with a Scotopic Sensitivity Tester-1.

"In both test situations, improvements in night vision measures were noted after THC or cannabis," authors found.

"The current study supports the previous ethnobotanical observations that cannabis may improve night vision," they concluded. "This effect seems to be dose-dependent and cannabinoid-mediated. Further study may reveal whether this clinical application of cannabis could be added to treatment of pain, spasticity of multiple sclerosis, and nausea of chemotherapy as recognized indications for this ancient substance."

For more information, please contact Allen St. Pierre or Paul Armentano of the NORML Foundation at (202) 483-5500. Abstracts of the study are available at:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/03788741

the girls that smoke weed that i know of dont have acne and the boys that do I see acne.

so im like ok w.e

i did some

still have acne

psh lol. its not good for u any way so yeah

Guest Locked In Grace
My "mommy" did tell me that. She also said that if I'm gonna be messing with drugs, it should be weed as it's harmless.

Note: Just because Mommy says it's harmless, doesn't mean that is fact. Mommy got it wrong.

I know what you are saying about acne looking worse when you are stoned. When I look at myself in the mirror my skin looks bad, but not absolutely horrendous. After I smoke and look at myself I am totally appauled. Every time I can't believe how bad my skin looks. Then when I wake up the next morning it seems like everything is back to normal. I think the weed is playing a trick in our eyes. I now try and avoid looking in the mirror when I'm stoned.

Yea I know how you feel as I go through this same feeling every time i smoke. It seems to get worse while im high, but right afterwards it seems to be the best. To me it almost feels as if the weed is pushing up all of my acne to the surface, and lately now that I'm on accutane alcohol has a similar effect. Weird

I feel what you guys are saying about weed making your acne look worse while you're on it. I think my eyes are just more drawn to acne when I'm high, because it seems like my friends' acne (many of which don't really have bad acne at all) looks worse as well. The next day, or once I've sobered up, my acne often looks worse, but sometimes it looks fine, which leads me to believe there actually isn't a connection between breakouts and marijuana use.

The only physiological weed has (I would know, I smoked weed every day for a really long time) is on short term memory. Stoners tend to be a lot more spaced out etc., but smoking definitely doesn't cause cancer or mental health issues.

For me, the biggest problem with weed is that it drains me of motivation. When I smoke, the things I want to do are things that are completely unproductive, and I can rarely bring myself to do something important even if I need to-including treatment for acne. I think that's the biggest danger with marijuana use, especially in relation to acne. Also, if you're a person who sees a connection between breakouts and junkfood, food can be damn hard to turn down when you're high. I find it literally impossible.

I could be wrong but I don't think weed itself causes breakouts. When I was in highschool and I smoked herb my face was spotless but I ate really healthy. My breakouts started when I was eating a lot of sugary cereals and junk foods.

my friend had severe acne, very smart happy person, but smoked a lot of weed. she recently stopped for a couple months and WOW her acne is almost non-existent, i'm so happy for her!

if ur going to quit then quit. i guess u could argue having something burnin front of ur face cant be good for it but then in my case i can walk out the door and get wrost pollution x10

if u really think is breaking u out then quit see what happens i did