Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OmarP06

Help, Advice needed

Ok, Ive been on my regimen for about six months. I use both Neutrogena products that Dan has recommended. I use 10% for spot treatment on the ocasional systs. I also use the Lumiport pen, and Its seems to help. Ive gotten good results. I'll admit Ive slacked off here and there but sometimes Ive skipped it to give my face a break from the BP.

Well, my problem is I have oily skin now. Especially my nose. I dont remember having oily skin before I started my regimen and I do now. Anyone have any advise on how to stop or control my oily skin? How should i use it in conjunction with my current regimen? Please someone help. Thanx!

well i have extremely oily skin around my nose and im always touching it and rubbing it off during the day however today when i didnt touch or try to rub the oil off all day until i got home i noticed it was a lot less oilier there...maybe if your skin is irritated less it will produce much less oil

I know people dont think diet as an effect, but since i have had acne for over 15years, i am seeing a pattern with diet.

Can i ask you to post honestly what you are ingesting on a day to day basis?

Maybe this is contributing to your high lvls of oil in the fact there is not enough, B5 vitamin in your system to combat the junk, which is resuting in a higher increase of sebum oils.

just a thought.

You know maybe you have a point. I do eat out alot. Junk, Mcd's, wendy's and maybe 4 or 5 times a week I'll have a home cooked meal. So maybe your saying my diet could be causing the xtra oil?? What should i try to avoid or lessen the oil??

Ok, Ive been on my regimen for about six months. I use both Neutrogena products that Dan has recommended. I use 10% for spot treatment on the ocasional systs. I also use the Lumiport pen, and Its seems to help. Ive gotten good results. I'll admit Ive slacked off here and there but sometimes Ive skipped it to give my face a break from the BP.

Well, my problem is I have oily skin now. Especially my nose. I dont remember having oily skin before I started my regimen and I do now. Anyone have any advise on how to stop or control my oily skin? How should i use it in conjunction with my current regimen? Please someone help. Thanx!

For oily skin on certain parts of the face, you can try a tiny bit of baby powder (the cornstarch kind, not the talc). It really helps soak up extra moisture!

Good luck,

HappyGurl :)