Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kitty_Collins

i will not cave i will not cave i will not cave

Ever feel like you're at war with yourself? Like the retarded "c'mon! what's the worst that could happen!?" side is trying to pick a fight with the "don't go swimming with toasters" side? Why is it that the retarded side usually wins? Is it just bigger and tougher than the logical side? Or is the logical side just lazy?

been at war with myself most of the time and yeah it's hard to stay rational and do what you think is right. so yeah i've been asking myself about it too.

Yes, I am lactose intolerant. I still drink milk.

it isn't so much a war as it is a religious crusade... on my bowels.

Guest No Pride

Ahh the logic vs heart inner conflict.

Heart always wins.

Guest No Pride

Heart always wins.

Does not.

Does too!!!

LOL

Like a little girl on the playground *pulls pigtails!*

Heart always wins.

Does not.

Does too!!!

LOL

Like a little girl on the playground *pulls pigtails!*

HEY! Not the hair. I bite, you know.

DOES NOT! If I can find even one little example of logic winning out over heart, that means you are totally, absolutely wrong. And what do I have here in my little pocket? AN EXAMPLE! A friend's dog got knocked up again. My friend asked me if I wanted a puppy. DO I WANT A PUPPY!? FUCK YEAH! But I said I couldn't, because it would be impractical. So there.

Like it was said above..I'm my own worst enemy.

Most of the time my yellow side wins out over my black side...but sometimes not.

Head up Kitty.

Guest No Pride

DOES NOT! If I can find even one little example of logic winning out over heart, that means you are totally, absolutely wrong. And what do I have here in my little pocket? AN EXAMPLE! A friend's dog got knocked up again. My friend asked me if I wanted a puppy. DO I WANT A PUPPY!? FUCK YEAH! But I said I couldn't, because it would be impractical. So there.

*tug tug* I'm not afraid of a little kitten!

OH

and...

BTW

DOES TOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I think that our modern culture teaches us to rely more on intellect than on emotion, and that may be part of why the war is being fought. We learn that emotions are messy, complicated, and even dangerous (i.e - the very popular trend of being "afraid" or "skeptical" of love, despite the fact that love is one of the most powerful and awe inspiring emotions we HAVE), we are taught that only intellectually smart people "get ahead" in this world.

I actually find that my emotional reactions to things are what's instinctive, naturual to me. When I try to boot my heart out of a logical discussion, THAT feels unnaturual. Emotional responses are primal, intellectual responses are learned and trained. Feeling is a very large part of being human, a huge piece of the puzzle in leading a happy life.

It's no wonder that the field of psychiatry is booming - we are not taught how to cope with emotions, while at the same time, we are being told more and more than it is brains that counts. When either emotions or intellect don't recieve fair and balanced consideration, it leads to confusion.

For me, the trick is learning how to put a little intellect into my world view - while I do okay, I'm a hugely emotional person . Sometimes it's really difficult for me to look at a situation and be impartial (another much needed skill in order to live happily! That's just as unbalanced as the idea of never entertaining emotions for fear of complicating things.

I have two demons inside of me that constantly fight each other. My body -- the vessel in which houses these two raging creations -- is considered an innocent bystander. :(

Realism VS Spiritualism. Waging war 24/7.

Good news is, Realism wins most of the battles. If not, then I wouldn't be here typing this post unfortunately. Probably holed up in some rundown house with cherry pie splattered all over the fuckin' wall behind me (thank you 3000 Miles to Graceland.)

OH

and...

BTW

DOES TOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

LOL I TOTALLY PROVED YOU WRONG! DOES NOT!

nerd.

I think that our modern culture teaches us to rely more on intellect than on emotion, and that may be part of why the war is being fought. We learn that emotions are messy, complicated, and even dangerous (i.e - the very popular trend of being "afraid" or "skeptical" of love, despite the fact that love is one of the most powerful and awe inspiring emotions we HAVE), we are taught that only intellectually smart people "get ahead" in this world.

I actually find that my emotional reactions to things are what's instinctive, naturual to me. When I try to boot my heart out of a logical discussion, THAT feels unnaturual. Emotional responses are primal, intellectual responses are learned and trained. Feeling is a very large part of being human, a huge piece of the puzzle in leading a happy life.

It's no wonder that the field of psychiatry is booming - we are not taught how to cope with emotions, while at the same time, we are being told more and more than it is brains that counts. When either emotions or intellect don't recieve fair and balanced consideration, it leads to confusion.

For me, the trick is learning how to put a little intellect into my world view - while I do okay, I'm a hugely emotional person . Sometimes it's really difficult for me to look at a situation and be impartial (another much needed skill in order to live happily! That's just as unbalanced as the idea of never entertaining emotions for fear of complicating things.

that makes perfect sense.

the best way to steer away from temptation is to reward yourself everytime you perform as you've planned

well, there are these fabulous jimmy choos i've been wanting....

Guest No Pride

OH

and...

BTW

DOES TOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

LOL I TOTALLY PROVED YOU WRONG! DOES NOT!

nerd.

You love nerds and you know it.

Unfortunately I'm a geek.

And

No...

You're wrong, as usual

kiss kiss

And

No...

You're wrong, as usual

kiss kiss

No. You can't say "always" and have there be an exception and still be right. That's an error in logic. I'm right AS USUAL.

I have two demons inside of me that constantly fight each other. My body -- the vessel in which houses these two raging creations -- is considered an innocent bystander. :(

Good news is, Realism wins most of the battles. If not, then I wouldn't be here typing this post unfortunately. Probably holed up in some rundown house with cherry pie splattered all over the fuckin' wall behind me (thank you 3000 Miles to Graceland.)

The longer you live the more you realize how spiritualism has more merit than realism. There is no reality, just your experience, which bends and twists with your spiritualism.

Sorry, I am really stoned right now.

Guest No Pride

And

No...

You're wrong, as usual

kiss kiss

No. You can't say "always" and have there be an exception and still be right. That's an error in logic. I'm right AS USUAL.

There is no exception, you just can't see it through your thick head.

AS USUAL

The guy is right ;)

And

No...

You're wrong, as usual

kiss kiss

There is no exception, you just can't see it through your thick head.

AS USUAL

The guy is right ;)

that's what you think.

The longer you live the more you realize how spiritualism has more merit than realism. There is no reality, just your experience, which bends and twists with your spiritualism.

Sorry, I am really stoned right now.

Well if you're stoned right now, you are probably not in the right state of mind thus... your post is irrelevant because you are not clear-headed? :P

I appreciate your "opposing" view, however, I will be more and more leaning towards realism.

Because realism is why I'm still breathing right now. I depend on what keeps me alive, and clouds of hopes and dreams are not fuckin' helping me any.

And I disagree on your comment that there is no reality: reality is what we all live through, that includes our experiences. What is this void that we are condemned to fill until our inevitable deaths? It's called reality. :P :D ;)

Lay off the "doobies." Heheh. :D