Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trehcob

Different types of Accutane = Different quality?

So I went to my derm today and she asked what type of accutane the pharmacy gave me... I said claravis. She told me that Claravis was the "generic" brand of accutane and the least effective out of all of the forms of accutane. She told me to switch to amnesteem (sp?).

Anyways, thoughts?

they are all isotretinoin, the same amount. i don't see how they could be any different.

Normally I would agree but my derm said that it really made a difference... But yea it doesn't really seem to make sense.

they are all isotretinoin, the same amount. i don't see how they could be any different.

Normally I would agree but my derm said that it really made a difference... But yea it doesn't really seem to make sense.

I think it's too complicated to understand how each brand differs. I tried reading a thread about the different brands and it was like one of my chemistry classes. I don't think there is a significant difference because to me Tane is Tane.

I think it's too complicated to understand how each brand differs. I tried reading a thread about the different brands and it was like one of my chemistry classes. I don't think there is a significant difference because to me Tane is Tane.

Claravis has been working great for me! Iso is iso... there isn't a significant difference between brand and generic, if there was they couldn't give it to you.

i remember reading that the major difference was in the shelf life of the drug. over time some brands retained little of thier active ingredient while some retained its original potentcy. roaccutane was the best and highest quality. So as long as its taken right away it should work just as well as any other brand assuming the pharmacy isnt giving you old product.

I used the brand name Accutane for my first course long ago, and Claravis for my most recent course. Claravis works fine, it has an absorption profile almost identical to the brand name and i have never seen any info that says it is of lower quality.