Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nawtwrong

Help! What's the best/most effective way to treat these red marks? (pic added)

Please help, I've got these hoirrible red marks, looks like some freaky rash, left over from a recent breakout.

I'm currently using blue/red light therapy (been using for about 3 weeks) which I thought I'd mention but I don't think it's anything to do with this.

This is the first time I've had major spots in a while and it's left its mark this time, literally!

arrgghh.jpg

Any advice and suggestions/comments welcome.

Thanks

Hi thanks for replying:

Morning

Soak with warm water for 1 minute

Apply tea tree oil/witch hazel cleanser

Apply moisturiser if needed

Evening

Soak with warm water for 1 minute

15 Minutes Blue/Red light treatment (last 3 weeks)

Apply tea tree oil/witch hazel cleanser

Apply BP (Aquagel) 2.5% to active pimples/affected areas

Apply moisturiser if needed

nawtwrong, you regime is similar to mine!

AM: Sunscreen.

PM: Cleanser, TTO.

And, my redmark is similar to yours (check out my log)!

I really don't know what can we do to our redmarks, only TIME will heal!

Yeah I know it will probably heal over time but was wondering if there's anything I can do to help/speed up this healing.

I've read loads of posts about vinegar, lemon juice etc. just not sure which to try.

the only thing i can comment on is that witch hazel, bp and tea tree (less often) can be irritants for people. i'm really sensitive to most stuff now. the bp helps for pimples but only if i just leave it on for ten minutes on active areas. the whole day thing only irritates it and makes it worse.

Blue/Red Light therapy is a way to treat acne using Red and blue UV lights. People who's skin responds well to sunlight, i.e redness/pimples reduce dramatically after sun exposure (like me) are supposed to respond to this well apparently.

Over time it is supposed to reduce the redness/inflammation and kill the bacteria.

I've been using it for 3 weeks so it's too early to tell how well it's working but for the first week I used it I had no pimples and my skin looked the best it's been since the summer. Unfortunately I had a major breakout over the last 2 weeks but I'm putting that down to 1 thing: having the flu.

Might start a log with pics to show the effectiveness over 8 weeks which is supposed to be the length of time it takes to see an improvement.

Update: redness on the area in the pic has gone down a lot, just very dry. I have no aloe vera gel, gonna try find something to reduce the dryness, maybe E45 cream?

finacea is my favorite thing for red marks. it works really well, but is prescription only.

Guest concerto

You've got fabulous skin! And your red marks aren't that bad.

Try not using BP for 2 weeks. I bet your marks will fade faster.

Hi,

These red marks took about 3 days to fade after not putting anything on them apart from some aloe vera moisturising cream.

Best thing to do if you have irritated, red patches from a breakout is to let the skin heal on it's own, it work for me.