Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Artisticchik

Pick Fest!

Well I was so happy that the monster break out was finally retreating,... but today I got up close in the mirror and started picking at blackheads. At first it was one here, one there,...I had told myself I was just going to get the bad ones. Before I knew it I realized I had gone totally crazy and had literally picked everywhere.

I am back all red and inflammed again. I'm sure that tomorrow morning that some of the areas that I picked will be infected where I have made something angry or pushed bacteria further down in the pore. Ahh well. I just need to remove every mirror I have from my house and stop thinking about it. Start my drawing or decorating again,...knit, shampoo carpets, build an ark! I dunno,...anything that will take my mind off of obsessing about my face. I know the dangers of picking, but for some reason the consequences therein is not enough to make stop. I get on a tangent with it! It's crazy.

I have such an obsessive compulsive personality and that does not help with the insanity of the picking and me just knowing I have blackheads or anything living in my skin that I can squeeze out and get a visual on.....it just totally drives me bananas!

Ok enough yammering.

Steffie

I hear ya. Been there, done that a thousand times if I;ve done it once. It's okay...they won't take *too* long to heal.

:comfort:

Yup - picking is damn hard not to do, but man, it's almost a guarantee it'll make things worse. I'm slightly obsessive/ compulsive so it's really hard not to pick. Do yourself a favor and don't obsess in the mirror so much. You'll pick less.

I do the same thing. Just when I think my skin is doing better, I get too close to the mirror and pick at every bump and blackhead. When I'm done, my skin looks so much worse than when I started. It's a terrible habit.

I have recovered from pickfest. It seems that all the damage I had done is mostly gone. I did mess with one bump that was right between my eyes and it probably would have went away had I not messed with it. This morning it was a huge angry whitehead thing. I just took a sterilzed lancet and poked it , let it drain and wash and put my clindamycin on. Realllly trying to leave my face the hell alone since my husband will be home in about 10 days and it needs every bit of that time to continue healing and these red marks fade.

I figure if at least I can apply my make up and look decent then good. I just want to get past this phase where make up makes everything look worse and like I am trying to hard to hide something that cannot really be hidden. ARGHHH friggin acne.

god, i do love a good picking on my face. i had a blackhead on my nose and i ended up getting a giant red scab on my nose from getting it out. not attractive. i'll never learn

I did this on monday, having to stay in this weekend because of it but a good thing really as I need money for x-mas. Blessing in disguise maybe?! I always use dettol afterwards but I hate waking up in the morning and wondering how much damae has been done....varies so much, sometimes there are no infected spots and I think phew don't do it again your lucky. Sometimes I wake up and there are like 30 infected spots and I think whyyyyy did you do it!Then spend a week waiting for it to recover and then another month until the red marks fade.

I did this on monday, having to stay in this weekend because of it but a good thing really as I need money for x-mas. Blessing in disguise maybe?! I always use dettol afterwards but I hate waking up in the morning and wondering how much damae has been done....varies so much, sometimes there are no infected spots and I think phew don't do it again your lucky. Sometimes I wake up and there are like 30 infected spots and I think whyyyyy did you do it!Then spend a week waiting for it to recover and then another month until the red marks fade.

Thats a silly thing to do! :naughty: