Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello all.

I saw a post on here a while back with aspirin masks above AHA peels for reducing red marks!

Any feedback on that or personal experiences?

thankyou.

Guest Sincerely_Me

Sounds interesting...never knew of the aspirin mask reducing redmarks.

I've been doing aspirin masks for a while now. They do reduce facial redness overall and even out your complexion. I don't really know how good it is for actual red marks themselves. I don't know whether it's good for red marks because I have been doing the hot water dip regimen which really improved red marks that I've had for years. If you haven't tried the aspirin mask you should, it works very well. It also helps to dry up existing acne and you can also use it as an exfoliant when washing it off.

I'm dealing with redmarks and have been starting to use the Aspririn mask (in addition to ACV, and more recently, aloe vera). It seems to work pretty effectively. I think it's probably the exfoliating action that helps with the red marks (since the aspirin mask is rough, and when you wash it off you're essentially exfoliating). I think I saw good results with the Aspririn mask, although it's hard to know whether it was the mask or the ACV (both of those and now aloe vera seem to work great for me). In any case, it didn't cause me to break out and it seems like a good thing to do when you get some buildup in your skin over time. I'd advise you to only do it when you have very few or no active pimples.

I did a post in this forum recently with some variations on the Aspirin mask -- some BHA/AHA and lactic / glycolic acid masks that you can make at home, which help with red marks. Look for that if you're interested :)

not sure about redmarks, but aspirin is great as a anti-inflammatory agent. since redmarks are not inflammation, not sure it would help.

thanks for all the replys, much appreciated.

I was thinking about getting aloe vera too.

it seems people using that have had good results - but i live in england and have had a hard job finding any - im probably jsut not looking hard enough.

In my experience, it did lighten the red marks a bit, and it makes the skin peel faster, so its good for those acne remains.

im no pro, but i dont think it does...:(

im the same as you, i really want to get off of BP. becuse it leaves bad red marks for longer.

i wish did never found BP . :confused:

No no no. Don't put the aspirin in water. First, you crush up about 7 or 8 tablets till it's fine powder. Add a bit of water until you have a thick paste. Apply this to your face and let it sit for 15 minutes or so....longer if you like or if you have the time. It helps even out you complexion and soothe irritated parts of your skin or active pimples.

No no no. Don't put the aspirin in water. First, you crush up about 7 or 8 tablets till it's fine powder. Add a bit of water until you have a thick paste. Apply this to your face and let it sit for 15 minutes or so....longer if you like or if you have the time. It helps even out you complexion and soothe irritated parts of your skin or active pimples.

thats the exact same thing as putting asprin in water lol...you dont need to crush it. tiny tiny bit of water will dissolve it very easily and give u a thick paste. Even 1 drop of water would dissolve one

it does help with redness, but it's only temporary from my experience. In a couple hours the redness comes back. I did it everyday for about 2 months.

thats the exact same thing as putting asprin in water lol...you dont need to crush it. tiny tiny bit of water will dissolve it very easily and give u a thick paste. Even 1 drop of water would dissolve one

Okay, to make it easier on yourself, purchase the ones that say 'dispersible' on the package (at least that is what my one has). These are the ones that dissolve in water without having to be crushed first, saving yourself the effort. I made the mistake of buying normal ones once and they do not dissolve in water (obviously!), hence these are the ones that have to be crushed (too much trouble in comparison).

Aspirin is the one thing that cleared up my face. It's definetly worth a shot. It also helps fade redmarks really well, and makes the skin's surface very smooth. I originally had mild-moderate acne, so if you have more severe acne I don't know if it will work.

The problem with most people is that they either scrub it around, irritating sensative skin, or leave it on too long in the mask form. Leave it on just until it's dry (around 5-7 minutes) and then gentle wash it off in warm water. Your face will be a bit pink directly after rinsing, so give it time to dry before applying bp or anything else.

Also, for a spot treatment, mix some crushed up aspirin powder in with bp and put a large dot on the pimple. Plain aspirin is too harsh for all night, but with the bp it works much better than bp alone and typically completely flattens the blemish in one night.

Aspirin mask: mix about 5-6 generic UNCOATED asprin tablets in your palm with about 3/4 tsp water. Let the aspirins melt a bit in the water, takes about 30 seconds, and then mix them in with the water forming a liquidy paste. Apply all over the face and follow the directions in the second paragraph.

Aspirin powder for spot treatment: get a cup and put a tiny bit of water in it, enough just to cover the bottom, probably about 1 mm thick, and cover the bottom of the cup with aspirin tablets all side by side in one layer. Wait a minute. You will find that if you put the right amount of water in the cup the aspirins have puffed up and the water is gone. This has broken many of the bonds between the aspirin molecules, but has not put the aspirin in solution with the water. You can now just push on the aspirins and they will crumble. Crush the aspirin the best you can, and you will get a really fine powder.

Best of luck, hope I helped!

Aspirin is the one thing that cleared up my face. It's definetly worth a shot. It also helps fade redmarks really well, and makes the skin's surface very smooth. I originally had mild-moderate acne, so if you have more severe acne I don't know if it will work.

The problem with most people is that they either scrub it around, irritating sensative skin, or leave it on too long in the mask form. Leave it on just until it's dry (around 5-7 minutes) and then gentle wash it off in warm water. Your face will be a bit pink directly after rinsing, so give it time to dry before applying bp or anything else.

Also, for a spot treatment, mix some crushed up aspirin powder in with bp and put a large dot on the pimple. Plain aspirin is too harsh for all night, but with the bp it works much better than bp alone and typically completely flattens the blemish in one night.

Aspirin mask: mix about 5-6 generic UNCOATED asprin tablets in your palm with about 3/4 tsp water. Let the aspirins melt a bit in the water, takes about 30 seconds, and then mix them in with the water forming a liquidy paste. Apply all over the face and follow the directions in the second paragraph.

Aspirin powder for spot treatment: get a cup and put a tiny bit of water in it, enough just to cover the bottom, probably about 1 mm thick, and cover the bottom of the cup with aspirin tablets all side by side in one layer. Wait a minute. You will find that if you put the right amount of water in the cup the aspirins have puffed up and the water is gone. This has broken many of the bonds between the aspirin molecules, but has not put the aspirin in solution with the water. You can now just push on the aspirins and they will crumble. Crush the aspirin the best you can, and you will get a really fine powder.

Hey, what harm does leaving an aspirin mask on for too long do? thanks for the info :D