Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
donne

Upper Arm Acne

Hi, I'm writing because for the longest time (I'm 19 and have had this since about 3rd grade) I've had these little red, slightly raised bumps on my upper arms. A lot of them. I once went to an acne microdermasian (sp?) guy who told me they were ingrown hairs. I've ignored them, obviously, for a long while, but I'm getting sick of them. Unfortunately, no pictures, but I've seen other guys with the same problem and I'm hoping somebody out there can give me some advice. Thanks much

the only things that worked to keep those little bumps off the upper top of my arms were two products:

Dr. Brandt's Pore Effect, which is insanely expensive at $55 a jar (it has SA in it, but other SA products did not work for me like this)

& Apple Cider Vinegar (diluted with water, 50/50) which is much more reasonably priced.

exfoliating makes no difference for me, but I do apply lac-hydrin five to keep that skin soft & smooth too

This stuff works well for KP. NeoStrata Body lotion with 10% glycolic acid.

Another website is www.helpforkp.com

So that's bascially just a moisturizer with an AHA (glycolic acid)...Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion is cheaper but I believe it contains fragrance.

The Lac-hydrin Five I've been using may also be a big factor in ridding my arms of "KP", since it has an AHA (lactic acid) to exfoliate. Also cheaper & fragrance free.