Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

I just saw a derm the other day and I'll be getting 3 laser treatments done for acne scars. He also prescribed me differin to use and says it should help in conjunction with the laser treatments to improve scarring. I didn't really know what differin was at the time of my appointment, but after doing some research, it would seem that it is a product more for the treatment of acne than scars. Also, from what I read the first month or so can cause horrible breakouts in some folks.

I'm pretty much clear these days with a pimple or two popping up every now and then so I'm not sure I'm ready to plunge back into horrific acne by using this product unless it will clearly be beneficial. So my question is, has anyone else been prescribed differin for scars and what were your results like?

On a side note, I've been using copper peptides, an aha, and jojoba oil as moisturizer now for 3 weeks and I must say i'm very impressed so far. I don't think it's done much for scars yet, but my overall complexion has greatly improved. If I were to use the differin, do you think I'd have to stop this routine? Thanks!

differin does kind of stretch out the scar like Mederma does, as well as Retin A. I would try it. If it messes up your skin then stop and go back to what you were doing before.