Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoubutsuaiEtai

Clear faster on second treatment?

On my first treatment of Accutane, I wasn't completely clear until the last month. I'm just curious, do you clear faster on your second treatment since you have had Accutane before?

thanks!

Usually I heard that's the case, since accutane makes your skin more manageable most of the time. For how long did your first course keep you clear?

Usually I heard that's the case, since accutane makes your skin more manageable most of the time. For how long did your first course keep you clear?

I was clear for about 7 months. I just started Accutane again two days ago. :)

The first time i didn't clear until 2 months after the 9 month course was over.

The more recent time (which was more than a decade after the first course) i cleared very quickly, within the first couple months i think - you can check my log in my sig if you want a more exact timeframe. I also found that my side effects were much more manageable.

I'm almost through with my first month of my second Accutane treatment and I'm pretty much all clear. After about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks, the pimples vanished.

People ususally clear quickly the second time, it's because the first time accutane really modifies your sebaceaus glands and thus making them really non-resistant to other treatments and especially to a second treatment but there is always some people who need a whole course to clear even on 2nd course. And also the IB on the 2nd treatment is usually not that bad and fast if it happens at all it'll be pretty quick but side effects will usually be the same as on the 1st course though. And the best part about a 2nd course, you will most likely achieve long remission or cure.

u guys that are clearin on ur second month are MADDDDDD lucky...im on my final month and i JUST FINALLY got rid of all my pimples now...all thats left is red marks and dry patches...but i wih this wulda happened sooner