Find results in...
Sea Of Booze

The First Day of The Rest of My Life.

laraa ur hot. =)

&fuckacne.

Day 16

Side Effects: 0

Skin: One new Pimple, 2 new whiteheads

FUCKING IB. I broke out again. I have another pimple right next to the one already on my neck. My forehead has 2 new whiteheads on it.. just keep adding them on

Dude I hope this doesn't get to bad.. I know the medicine is like pushing everything out of my body but HOW MUCH SHIT DO I HAVE IN MY BODY?!! My face is breaking out like craazzystyle. Pleaasee let it stop soon!

Stupid stupid stupid fuckin face

Thanks for your support JC. You're still the man.

Day 19

Skin: 3 New bumps along my jawline. 2 New ones on my temples. TOTAL: 10 FUCKING PIMPLES

Side Effects: NONE BITCH NONE

FUCK.

DUDE I'M BREAKING OUT SO MUCH!

WHAT THE FUCK! IT LOOKS HORRRIBLEEEEE

AND I AM BREAKING OUT IN PLACES THAT I RARELY EVER BREAK OUT AT!

LIKE ALONG MY JAWLINE AND MY TEMPLES.

EWWW ITS SO NASTY. I REALLY DON'T WANT IT TO GET ANY WORSE WHEN MY DOSAGE GETS UPPED IN 2 WEEKS.

LETS PRAY.

OH PS. TODAY I WENT TO A XMAS HOUSE PARTY... AND WHEN I WENT TO THE BATHROOM I LOOKED IN THE MIRROR AND I SAW 3 BIG FUCKIN BUMPS STARING AT ME ON MY LEFT JAWLINE. THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE AT THE PARTY. SO EMBARASSING. UGH FUCKING PARTIES. FUCKING PIMPLES. IM PISSED OR PERHAPS U CAN TELL :evil:

I NEED TO TAKE WEEK 3 PICTURES. OF THIS MONSTROSITY ON MY FACE

Day 25 : Month 0, Week 4

Skin: 3 active bumps. Oil is down even more.

Side Effects: :cool:

The chaos that was on my face seems to have calmed down some.

I've only broken out once in the last week and all the pimples I had from the IB are either dead or about to die.

And the best part about it is, my skin isn't oily like it was before. It used to be that I couldn't go 3 hours without having to rinse off my face off with water to remove all the oil on the surface.

Thank god that's over.. =)

Here's my little oil meter: |-----x-----| :dance:

Yeah, I'm feeling pretty optimistic right now. :surprised:

Hopefully your IB is all but over and now it will only continue to get better. Sucks to get new pimples...feels like you are starting from the beginning all over again. Good luck!!

I can't sleep, so i'm here.

Day 28

Skin: 2 new breakouts. 4 Active.

Side Effects: Lips are still drying out and so is my skin. I can definitely feel a difference.

So I went to my derm yesterday..

He told me that everything was going well and he is going to up my dosage to 40mg per day.

I also took another blood test yesterday just to make sure that everything was going good..

The fucking wait just to get my blood drawn was 2 hours. BS. That's the second time i've done that..

it's like the average wait time for that place. Ugh, it's so annoying to have to do this over n over.

The doc also told me that once I double my dosage I will "most likely" break out more and that it's "not much to worry about".

Yeah yeah because he's not the one breaking out.

Damn i'm so not looking forward to that. :doubt:

My face is already fuckkd as is.

Day 34 : Month 1, Week 1 (Week 5)

Skin: Not to much.. 2 spots.. 1 dying

Side Effects: Drier lips, Drier skin, Drying nose

Okay so it's been almost a week since I updated last.. I've been taking 40mg since then. Side effects seem to be increasing a little more now that I upped my dosage but nothing TOO bad yet. The inside of my nose of getting REALLY dry and it's so annoying. I have to buy some vaseline so I can start putting it in there. Also since my skin is drier the healing pimples seem to get little scabs on them. Can't really notice unless you stare but I don't like it. Oh and I also been getting random little pains here and there.. like the other day my finger had a really sharp pain in it and wouldn't go away for hours.. A few days before my arm was hurting like hell too..

I get my first refill tomorrow. Awesome.

Already over a month in and it has went by so fast..

I'm so looking forward for whats in store for the future.

So far, so good.

BTW: The Gators beat OSU in the BCS Championship Game tonight. They blew them out 41-14. FUCK YEAH. IM SO HAPPY. FUCK OSU. THEM FLORIDA BOYS REPRESENTING. COME GET SOME.

Day 39

Skin: A few here and there. prolly 4 or 5.. my left temple is kinda fucked but whateve.

Side Effects: Drying/flaking skin, dry lips, and dry nostrils.

Today marks the day I start taking 40mg once a day. Since i've increased my dosage I have been taking 20mg 2x/day.

With everyday that passes my skin is getting drier and drier and so is the inside of my nose. When I woke up this morning I looked at my pillow and I saw tiny little blood stains on it, so it appears that I had a minor nose bleed during my sleep.

Today I went out n bought vaseline to put in it but when I did I had bad sinus congestion and it started to give me a headache. I don't like that feeling so I don't know how many times I am going to be doing that...

+ I need to start using moisturizer on my face everday from now on. It's finally getting really dry.

PS. MY PORES LOOK HUGE!!

Day 46 : Month 1, Week 2 (Week 6)

Skin:Horrible. A ton of zits everywheree.. expecially my temples

Side Effects: Chapped lips.

My face is on fire.

I don't know what the fuck is happening right now but I am breaking out so much [all over my face]! They have been there for a while now, it feels like the bumps are taking forever to dissapear. The healing process seems to have slowed down drastically. My temples are so bad, I seriously have to cut my hair because that it might be aggravating the skin around there.

Other than my face being fucked momentarily I would say the course is so far so good. Hopefully this will be the last of breaking out at this level. It's gonna be so sweet being clear. I really hope this does the trick. :pray:

Day 50 : Month 1, Week 3 (Week 7)

Skin: I don't want to count them all.

Side Effects: Chapped Lips, Dry Skin, Scabbing.

I just looked at my week 1 pics compared to the pics I took last night and OMFG my skin has when a long way since I started tane. Not in a positive direction though. Fuck it i'm pissed I don't feel like writing about this right now just knows it's bad.

hey hun. don't worry i'm not much better either. only improvement is no oiliness and less blackheads on my nose. otherwise im the same...actually im worse when you look at the size of the actual pimples that i do get. it sucks... but hang in there. if this thing didn't work ppl wouldnt be taking it.

Day 57 : Month 1, Week 4 (Week 8)

Skin: 3 on each of my temples, and 1 stray one on each cheek =\

Side Effects: Chapped Lips, Semi-dry nose.

Well my face cleared up SOME since my last post. That day it was in such bad condition I didn't even wanna leave my house. Of course I did but I didn't go anywhere special. Only to a friends house down the street. On a good note, I believe that my pores are slowly starting to unclog themselves.. which is a very good thing.. Having a bunch of little black dots on my face makes it look so much worse than what it really is. That and the redmarks. Ugh, the redmarks. I DREAM of the day where I can finally have a clear face and nice complexion again. I have a dermotologists appointment tomorrow.. I want to hear what he has to say about my condition. I'm thinking about asking him to raise my dosage again.

Day 63 : Month 2, Week 1 (Week 9)

Skin: 6 big pimples and a few very small ones here and there.

Side Effects: Dry nose, Drying skin, Chapped lips.

Well... where do I start? I'm still not looking to hot. Still breaking out. Skin is still getting drier, but still not REALLY dried out.

The other day I woke up and I had dry blood in my nose.. and as I blew it throughout the day I saw some blood on the tissue. About my face, I have 6 cyst like pimples scattered around (1 BIG one on my forehead, 3 left side, 2 right) and that's weird because I normally don't break out into cysts... That's a rarity. Sometimes I might get one once in a while but i've never had 6 at once.:eh: I'm starting to think that this is STILL my IB. :mad:

I had my monthly blood test two days ago and it went a little different this time.. The blood wasn't flowing like it usually does, it was slow and it actually stopped filling up the vile! It was okay though, it was enough for them to run their tests on it. And my derm visit last friday went well too. The doctor gave me some shots to get rid of my active pimples (from that horrible break out last week) and he also raised my dosage again. So as soon as I get my refill in a few days I will be taking 60mg a day. Awesome. Just what I wanted. Die pimples die! :evil:

Day 71 : Month 2, Week 2 (Week 10)

Skin: Crappy. About 4 active and 2 more comming.

Side Effects: Chapped Lips.

Today is Valentines Day.. so happy vday if you're into that.. Personally, I'm not ATM I don't have a g/f.. don't have a valentine. I like it that way... atleast for now.

Back to the plan.. I picked up my renewed prescription on Monday and started taking the increased dosage yesterday. I'm taking 60mg a day now. I was SUPPOSED to be taking one 40mg pill early on and one 20mg pill later at night... but the pharmacist messed up the order. Either that or he couldn't order any 40mg pills at the time because when I picked up I recieved three boxes of tane, all 20 mg pills each. So that means I have to take two pills (to equal 40mg) at one sitting and that thought kinda freaks me out. Not sure if thats gonna mess anything up but i'm just going to have to find out because there is no way i'm missing a day. I'm too commited to this.

BTW: My insurance runs out on my birthday next month, what am I gonna do?!?!?? I have to think of something, I don't think I can afford the whole price every month! :(

Day 81 : Month 2, Week 3 (Week 11)

Skin: 8 Bumps

Side Effects: Dry blood in nose, Dry Skin, Chapped lips

So it's been over a week that i've been on 60mg a day. Everything is fine, I feel some improvement in my skin over the last few weeks-- that's good. But the skin has been getting really dry. Like the dryest its ever been my whole life..

I've started putting moisturizer on my face every morning when I get up, or else it just looks really dry and fugly. My face isn't in GREAT condition but I do feel like its going to start clearing up really well from now on. I can't be positive about it but I get this really strong feeling that it is. I hope i'm right about it.. Either way i'm just being patient. I'm not getting too far ahead of myself.. Hopefully i'll be clear by the summer. HOPEFULLY.

Day 89 : Month 2, Week 4 (Week 12)

Skin: Clearing up (3 Small Pimples)

Side Effects: Really Chapped Lips

I got drunk last night and I know I shouldn't of. I couldn't resist the Heineken was calling and its been so long since i've gotten drunk.

My 21st birthday is in 9 days and you knooow I have to drink. Ugh, I know I shouldn't but it's my 21st BIRTHDAY! So unfair that I'm not supposed to drink on my own 21st birthday. The plan was to already be clear by this point, I set that goal last year. But my acne was just a fag and wouldn't go away. Whatever. I can't wait until i'm allowed to get wasted again. On another note... had my doctors app. last friday. He gave me his doctors discount on my blood tests since I told him that my insurance was going to expire. He also gave me a coupon on my next purchase of my tane. Pretty cool. He noticed I was clearing up nicely and that everything was going fine. I REALLY hope that this is the beginning of the end of a bad chapter in my life. I when I was drinking with my buddies last night we were conversating and one of them made a drunken comment: "Damn, you're 21 and still getting zits". And he started to giggle. God how gay/awkward. I told him that that was going to change soon and I switched topics. I'm glad no one commented on his comment but I had it in my head the whole night, and it's still lingering there. Some people don't deserve the things they take for granted. It's not my fault.

Know how u feel about the comments ur mates made. Im 22 yo male and my mates have made the odd drunken comment like that, makes me wonder what the say when im not there. People suck sometimes. BTW ive just started accutane (day 7, 40mg/day) im sure ul clear up and stay clear from now on. Good luck.

Day 96 : Month 3, Week 1 (Week 13)

Skin: Gay

Side Effects: Fckkkkkkn chapped asss lipss

Okay so im not done breakin out yet... got 3 new ones on friday and u can still see them... :doh:

it needs to stop already lol

Today I got my refill and I am switching to Sotret 30mg pills 2x/day. I WAS taking Amnesteeem 20mg 3x/day. Whatever; as long as it gets the job done.

Other than that not much to report about..

Birthday in a day.. woooooooo

21 finally!

:cool:

Day 106 : Month 3, Week 3 (Week 16)

Skin: ehhh

Side Effects: dry [peeling] lips, dry nose, semi flaking skin

my birthday was a success! i love being 21! the freedom! omg this last week has been awesome.. &&one of my best friends turns twentyone april 11th and we are going to go all out i cant fuckin wait =D

...my face is still getting better little by little... i haven't broken out bad for a few weeks now. i have 3 very small bumps about to dissapear and thats about it.. no signs of any new ones comming...

but since my face is starting to clear up, i can see the scarring clearer and it looks worse than i thought it was. i mean its not horrid but there is a some scarring there. oh & 4million redmarks. i've read that tane makes ur scars and marks look alot worse than they actually are.. iunno.

either way: having a few scars is 10x better than having bumps and an uneven skin tone. i'll take it over acne anyday. i've already started looking into fraxel resurfacing treatments too. but lets not think to far ahead yet though, i dont wanna jinx myself. night.. much love everyone

oh ps: someone please tell me how to unclog my pores! i have so many blackheads and im completely clueless about what i should do!! any tips??

Day 106 : Month 4, Week 3 (Week 15)

my birthday was a success! i love being 21! the freedom! omg this last week has been awesome.. &&one of my best friends turns twentyone april 11th and we are going to go all out i cant fuckin wait =D

...my face is still getting better little by little... i haven't broken out bad for a few weeks now. i have 3 very small bumps about to dissapear and thats about it.. no signs of any new ones comming...

but since my face is starting to clear up, i can see the scarring clearer and it looks worse than i thought it was. i mean its not horrid but there is a some scarring there. oh & 4million redmarks. i've read that tane makes ur scars and marks look alot worse than they actually are.. iunno.

either way: having a few scars is 10x better than having bumps and an uneven skin tone. i'll take it over acne anyday. i've already started looking into fraxel resurfacing treatments too. but lets not think to far ahead yet though, i dont wanna jinx myself. night.. much love everyone

oh ps: someone please tell me how to unclog my pores! i have so many blackheads and im completely clueless about what i should do!! any tips??

Day 106 : Month 4, Week 3 (Week 15)

I don't know what your using as a cleasnser, but at night (a couple times a week) I mix a little baking soda in with my cetaphil for a natural exfoliant.... It helped me ~ I have no more clogged pores and that was one of my biggest problems... milia and clogged pores everywhere.... Good Luck!

Day 116 : Month 4, Week 1 (Week 17)

Skin: 3 active

Side Effects: Chillin

Sooo I'm starting to get a little bit worried.. Its already month 4 and I am still breaking out. I don't know how long it takes to get clear but it's not there yet and it's driving me crazy.. I wish it would just stop already; it's discouraging. Kinda feel that my dosage may not be high enough for me.. Good thing I goto the doctor in 3 days and I can ask him to push me up to 80mg a day. I'm sure he'll go for that if I tell him that's what I want. I mean I only have 2 months left of taking accutane and like I said, I'm still breaking out. Somethings gotta give. I have to go up and try to nuke it. I was praying that this would end it once and for all but if it doesn't than i'm just gonna have to go through another cycle [w/ a high dosage straight from the start]. God i'm really hoping it won't have to come to that but I refuse to give up. I will beat this.. because dammit, i'm starving for my normalcy back.

Day 126 : Month 4, Week 2 (Week 18)

Skin: Umm yeah like 6??? 1 BIG one, 2 average ones on my forehead and rest are small scattered spots

Side Effects: Semi-chapped lips, VERY uncomfortable nose

lol so im making a habit of updating every ten days.. haha i dont mean to but i get so damn lazy to jump on here and update.. i know in the end i will be happy i did and there is something to reference. since of course began there have been several undocumented breakouts but im not going to update everyday lol. just know that my face right now looks like poop.. im still breaking out. its pretty consistant too. sucks right? because i hate the way i look. when i went to the doctor last tuesday (4/3) the lady that sets me up everytime i come complimented me. she said that i am clearing up nicely and asked me if i think the same, and then followed by asking me if i was starting to feel any better yet. i lied. i told her i was starting to feel a little better but in reality i still feel pretty crappy. im sure when my face really starts clearing up i will start to gain my confidence back but since this whole process is taking so long im still a little depressed (its sad to say that). when the doctor came in he said the same thing about my face.. he complimented my progress. i mean i want to trust them but i just dont know, because everytime i look in the mirror i see the same blah.

either way; i asked dr. minars if i could go up to 80mg/day and he said yeah. he also said something that i found very refreshing.. when i asked how long i was going to be on tane he said "dont worry about the timeframe, we will work away at your acne month by month until you are clear."

when i acknowledged his reassurance he than said "trust me, i know what im doing. remember; ive been working with accutane since 1982." >> that made me feel comfortable. for the moment atleast.. i mean comon, thats 22 years!

next refill is going to be within the next 4 days and from that day on im going to be 80mg/day. sweet.