Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm new and I posted on the Rx meds board b/c I AM going to the dr today and don't know what to ask for. But then I realized, it's more of a venting post then not, so I posted here. *sorry* #-o

I'm in my early 30's and I have the worst acne of my LIFE! Right now I'm dealing w/ 2 HUGE whiteheads (biggest ever) plus 3 cysts that are about the size of a dime. I have blackheads around the T-zone and then ](*,) something just grrrreat, I developed them along my jaw the last 6mos.

I have been on Accutane, full course, twice. Lately I have not been on any topical or oral meds (as of 5-6yrs) but I started OrthoTriCyclenLo to help w/ the skin (yeah, right...now, it's worse) and I go to the dr. today and I...don't know what to do. I've done "the regimin". I've had microdermabrasion treatments, acne facials, LASER. I use BHA's, AHA's, Retin-A, BP...everything! My skin is never irritated/crusty/red... I just CANNOT get rid of my horrible complexion. I don't use make-up, I drink a ton of water, I don't eat dairy, I exercise...I am a textbook of what to do, only it's not doing anything!! Except making me go broke. If anyone has any suggestions or just wants to say 'HEY!! Me too!" I"d appreciate it. I feel like I'm at wits end!!

Well, I'm only 23 - but I've still been through almost the exact same thing as you. Almost every topical med, anti-biotic, accutane- twice as well...

I know what it's like to feel like it's never going to end. How long were you on the regimen for? That's what finally worked for me, but it took 2-3 months to really see promising results. Anyway, I hope whatever you end up doing, that it really works. And know that everyone here is willing to help. I wish you the best! biggrin.gif

I would say...probably 2mos. Not to say that I've totally scrapped it either...I mean, it doesn't hurt...it just doesn't help. But I know that if I do nothing, ((shudder))...oh, I don't even want to go there. So I do the regimin, but I also have to add other products in addition now, if that makes sense.

Thanks for the support.... smile.gif

Hi there,

I am 28...I have had mild acne for an age...tried accutane, antibiotics, birth control, otc meds. They've all been crap. I follow the regimen and that has got me clearer than any other approach. So it is all personal and you've gotta keep questing for the solution that works for you.

Because your brerakouts are centred around your jaw - no doubt you'll know that it is hormonally oriented. Have you tired any testosterone blockers? spinolactone etc? People who have posted about them seem to have seen significant improvement.

Good luck.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

No offense France...I always thought you were a bit older :-k (that's actually a COMPLIMENT...since you sound so mature on this board smile.gif )

Anyway I'm 31. I probably get one or two breakouts. But I have hyperpigmentation problems on my face. (scars too).

I feel your pain booteekgirl. I'm a 33 year old man and my acne could have graduated high school by now! (18 years of battling this shit!). I've been through several phases. My mid-teens were the calm before the storm when I had what I thought was 'normal' acne for a teenager. In my late teens and early twenties my skin erupted with the horrible cystic stuff ...tried everything and nothing really worked until my derm put me on Bactrim which finally got the cystic stuff under control. During my mid-twenties I started to get worse again (was not on Bactrim at this point) and started to get a couple cysts. I found a derm who had no problem prescribing accutane and it seemed to work pretty well. I didn't really have much of an acne problem for a few years after that (never had good skin though) and I haven't gotten any cysts since accutane. I'm 33 now and still don't have what a 'normal' person would consider good skin, but I guess for US (meaning lifelong acne sufferers) it's not too bad. I'm mostly battling blackheads (seems like a new crop everyday on my nose) and a few pimples here and there at this point. I'm currently using the C&C routine and it seems to be working pretty well (it hasn't been anything miraculous though). I never can seem to get completely clear at any one time. Acne seems to have a will to survive...almost like it has a personality all of its own. It seems like all I've ever wanted since my teens was to have good skin and I still don't have it... maybe never will. I guess we just have to keep battling and hope we get rid of it before we're collecting social security. Keep smiling and good luck biggrin.gif

Well, I'm 56 and have been thru alot of the same things you all have. My acne was always light but always there. About 2 years ago I got my first cysts, several on my chin. After a year and a half with a Derm. I found this web site. I started with Dan's regimen and now do half acne cure and half Dan and I am actually clear. For me this site has done more than any Doctor that I've ever been to. I hope you all find a way to stay clear before you reach my age!

Hey, I am 28 years old, but I can definitely give you a "me too". I have battled with this sh*t for so many years and at times I just wanted to give up. It's a shame that we put more time, money and effort into our faces than people without acne, but we end up with this sad.gif I did find a regime that worked for me and hopefully you will too. Until then, keep reading the board for ideas and vent all you want, it's the only thing that helps sometimes.