Notifications
Clear all

egg white or yolk for scars?

MemberMember
(@kiutiboi)

Posted : 11/13/2003 7:38 am

can anyone share experiences about using some egg mask?

If so,what is it that gives you best results for acne scars? or what combination for that matter. egg white? egg yolk? egg white and honey?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@branded)

Posted : 11/13/2003 12:49 pm

I personally do not think eggs would do a thing for scars. I have used an egg white mask before to reduce oil and dry up zits, but not for scars. I have heard a lot of people on this board say egg masks just broke them out and that was about it sad.gif I just don't see what it could possibly do for scars. You would be better off looking at the copy of Maya's regime and maybe use mandelic serum or vinegar.

MemberMember
(@snowpea)

Posted : 11/13/2003 4:00 pm

forget eggs, use green jelly beans. Make sure you get the green ones!

MemberMember
(@branded)

Posted : 11/13/2003 4:01 pm

forget eggs, use green jelly beans. Make sure you get the green ones!
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/13/2003 4:24 pm

Combination of eggs, a little flour, some milk, honey and butter.

Won't do crap for your scars, but it'll make a pretty damn good pancake! biggrin.gif

(sorry can't help it).

MemberMember
(@branded)

Posted : 11/13/2003 5:35 pm

Won't do crap for your scars, but it'll make a pretty damn good pancake!  :D  

(sorry can't help it).

MemberMember
(@pomble)

Posted : 11/13/2003 6:24 pm

Try just egg yolk as a mask for a month. Keep it on for 15 minutes. I think it is an Indian treatment for getting rid of acne. (You can't miss a day...it is like a vitamin capsule for the skin.) Whenever I use it, my skin is silky smooth, but I've never been disciplined about using it for a month, because I don't have active acne.

I do have some scarring though. I used to go to sleep with egg white on my scars, because I thought it may help. It tightens the skin so much, that the scars disappear. I have heard on some other message board that an egg white mask for 15 minutes a day after the egg yolk mask is a treatment for scars. I now am using vinegar on my scars at night. The problem is there are so many treatments, that I don't know which is best to use at night? Vinegar? Rosehip oil? Bio-Oil? Egg white?

Would anyone like to go on the 30 Day Egg Mask Challenge?

Basically, we can test it for a month...without missing a day. Egg yolk mask for 15 minutes daily, followed by egg white mask for another 15 minutes. Is anyone up for the challenge? (The egg yolk is harder to remove than the egg white once it has dried. I use a face washer and cleanser, and great exfoliation action results.)

MemberMember
(@maya)

Posted : 11/13/2003 6:42 pm

I did the egg youlk mask thing sometime back - it feels horrible on the skin and can't say it helped but it may help for you.

In Austria, they use egg whites to seal a wound - so it could help with healing a new scar quicker.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/13/2003 6:42 pm

Won't do crap for your scars, but it'll make a pretty damn good pancake!  :D  

(sorry can't help it).

biggrin.gif I just don't see how eggs would help with scars??? But, yeah, Obi, when can I come get some pancakes? biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 11/13/2003 7:33 pm

Egg white is good for making your skin tight,in other words is gives u a temp face lift for a few days.Best time to use egg white is when u get a bath,put it on before u get in the bath then the steam will make it tighten your skin then when u have finnished in the bath wipe it off with a dry cloth then wash your face in cold water,wash your face first befor u put egg white on.

Egg white is no good for scars but if u add corn flour it will help to dry the oil up on your face.

MemberMember
(@oursfan)

Posted : 11/13/2003 9:27 pm

I haven't tried it, but I have read posts in which other people have broken out badly from using it on their face.

MemberMember
(@kiutiboi)

Posted : 11/14/2003 7:53 am

so...well..yeah.I tried this egg yolk mask on my acne scars which are basically brown scars and open pores.

First day: Washed my face,apply egg yolk for 20 mins.Washed my face again and then applied vinegar.Results? Disaster.I had my skin in flame and my open pores got worse.

Second day: washed my face ,applied beaten egg white for 20 mins.My face looked smooth.I was wondering if i should keep the mask all the night.I choosed not.Then I washed my face and applied vinegar again.Results? My face looks kind of dry , not inflamated like first day and my pores looked kind of smaller.all in all, i dont know if i should have keep the mask but i do know i shouldn't have applied vinegar right after egg white.

Maybe it's better to do this procedures separetely.I end up in this egg experiment because altough vinegar IS great for my skin over last weeks i was noticing vinegar was being very hard in my skin ad i needed some kind of *nutrient* mask so i went for egg masks.

Next experiment:..First: egg white and honey mask but no vinegar.Next day: just vinegar

ps:Next time i bake a cake... i already learned how to beat an egg white tongue.gif

Kiutiboi

MemberMember
(@elisesmom)

Posted : 03/16/2010 1:18 pm

>>My only disclaimer to this information is: those who are allergic to egg should avoid egga period, and vinegar, lemon, and all other irritantsa should be avoided. Irritating the skin just damages the skin.

I am including a close up photo of me, age 55. Mother of six.

me.bmp

IN CONTRAST TO POPULAR OPINIONa EGG YOLK & EGG WHITE IS THE BULLSEYE CURE TO ACNE AND ACNE SCARS!

And whatas morea it is a magic potion to youthful skin. It is the mother-load of beauty treatments. The secret to the fountain of youth, but it needs to be done seriously and consistently. Egg is food for the skin, and just like all other foods, eating is something that needs to be done ongoing(ly) and with consistency. Egg yolk annihilates free radical damage in itas tracts.

Hereas Why:

Egg yolk is packed full of all types of skin loving vitamin A retinals, and unlike the chemical compounds acquired through a prescription, the compounds in egg yolk are completely naturala and because it comes in the form of a placenta the cells are predisposed to program themselves to making whatever they touch to be the best it can. Basically, placenta cells adapt to the purposes that they are exposed to, placenta cells are abasicallya akin to stem cells, and because these retinals are natural rather than synthetic, most likely (in almost all cases) they will not create the initial irritation retinal products are famous for.

An egg yolk is an amazing accutane and retinal cocktail with far more potency then the synthetic retinal and accutane compounds developed by pharmaceutical companies. In addition, the natural retinals and accutane found in egg yolk are far more complex than the manmade varieties. In fact, science is only partially aware of the wealth of retinal vitamins found in nature. So when your skin is absorbing these natural vitamin A retinals your skin is literally drinking in far more nutrients then science is aware of or can even imitate synthetically.

Budget wise, egg yolk gives the budget conscious a far more lavish beauty treatment than anything the wealthy can dream up.

Egg yolk exfoliates the skin at such breakneck speed, sloughing off old skin cells, and turning out brand new plumb skin cells so rapidly that over the course of a few months, your skin will appear very healthy and glowing. And if you continue with this process over time your scars will fade and even pits will begin to smooth out.

This must be done consistently, morning and night.

Egg white is another miracle cure. Egg white is chuck-full of protein. And just ask the expertsa skin and hair loves protein. Protein is incredible for toning and firming.

I am 55 years old and my face, neck, hands, and feet are beautiful, silky soft, clear, glowing and toned, and my hair and nails appear glowing and very healthy. My face is practically wrinkle free!

My routine:

1.Break an egg in the morning, and separate it.

2.Egg white goes in a plastic bowl and the yolk in a small, clean, empty face cream (type) jar.

3.Wash my face with warm water and a wash washcloth.

4.Apply about half the egg yolk liberally to my face, neck, and I even try to get as close as I can get to my eyes, and under eye area.

5.Once almost dry, I get in the shower and as I begin to wash it off I do it very slowly allowing the skin to absorb as much as possible of the nutrients.

6.Shampoo my hair with a creamy dove shampoo, rinse and slather on the egg white onto my hair, face and neck. Wait a minute and then rinse.

7.To complete these routine I apply a teaspoon of very gentle, childrenas hair conditioner to my hair and rinse.

8.Cap the rest of the egg yolk for a second application before bed.

9.The night application does not include the egg white; and that seems to be fine.

Minor note: air kills vitamins so to keep the potency stellara DO NOT STIR OR FROTH THE EGG YOLK OR EGG WHITE, simply slather it on and allow it to set for a few minutes. At least fifteen minutes on the skin daily is ideal!

me.bmp

MemberMember
(@spasticbastard)

Posted : 04/08/2010 10:11 pm

Hey there! Just wanna say that I have tried this bizarre egg white mask myself and that the results have been WONDROUS! Quite literally, applying egg whites to my face has been the best technique I've tried for the treatment of acne.

The first time I tried it, the results were immediate. Softer skin and smaller pores, and (to my surprise) no yucky smell!

The next morning, my skin was noticeably clearer, and it's been getting clearer every day since! The tone of my skin is more even as well! :D

The ironic nature of this product (dirt cheap liquid chicken for my skin?!) kept me from trying this for a long time, but I'm glad I finally did. Every glowing review you read about this technique is legitimate. Just watch out for egg allergies and try and keep your application of egg whites consistent.

If it works the same for you as it did for me, you'll be thrilled for finally finding a healthy acne treatment that improves your skin as well as reduces acne!

MemberMember
(@jc90)

Posted : 05/23/2010 6:58 am

I have started the egg yolk mask for hyperpigmentation, Ill update with any useful info

MemberMember
(@gilmour56)

Posted : 06/02/2010 10:11 am

ive been applying the egg mask for just over a week now and have had noticable improvements.

ive still got some marks left which were pretty terrible, some of the ones ive had for three months are even fading. so itl probably take a while but i will update with how it goes

i have only been using egg whites however, would using yolk and eggwhite mask be even more helpful than just egg white?

MemberMember
(@kuki-anz)

Posted : 04/16/2019 12:50 pm

Hi, I'm going through acne since a year now and I've been trying multiple things.

To be honest today is my second day of applying egg white mixing it with lemon and whisking them properly and applying on acne.

Without any failure I today see the results as positive and acne bumps reducing, even the acne scars are getting lighter.

Thankfully I got to know about egg white.

I truly recommend to please use egg white on acne with or without lemon.

People's skin if get reacted by lemon can use honey.

Make sure after the mask you apply a good moisturizer.

Because the egg will really tighten your pores and cleanse the dirt out and this process makes the skin dry so apply moisturizer right after washing away the egg white mask.

You may keep the mask overnight even.