Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cdior003

shaving with dans cleanser

I just received dans products today and I wanted more info on how the shaving goes with dans cleanser. Has anyone tried it? How am I suppose to shave with the cleanser in less than 10 sec. Doesnt dans video say to have it on the skin for only 10 sec to avoid irritation. Any tips or suggestions?

I just received dans products today and I wanted more info on how the shaving goes with dans cleanser. Has anyone tried it? How am I suppose to shave with the cleanser in less than 10 sec. Doesnt dans video say to have it on the skin for only 10 sec to avoid irritation. Any tips or suggestions?

Just apply it to the place you are shaving. Don't cover your entire face. Do it in small increments.

The 10sec rule is only for the massaging on the skin.

You will need a rather large amount of the cleanser to get a lather thick enough. The times I've done it, I've lathered up with a shaving brush. Remember to keep your face wet all the time, or the cleanser will just dry out on your skin (but I still don't really like it as a shaving cream)

It blows, i tried it today. Stick to shaving cream. Took alot longer than it should to shave and you have to use alot of it. You better off sticking to shaving gel's or creams. Thats my .02

I use 2-3 pumps and lather like crazy in my palms. That is plenty of good lather to just gently put on the face and shave with. When "putting on the face" I use super gentle circular motions and probably only apply to the beard area for 4 or 5 seconds, since the cleanser is already in a lather form.

i use dans cleanser to shave now it works great for me

i allways shave my neck first and try to only get my neck wet with warm water and just make sure my face is nice and wet then i lather then i quickly wet my neck again and shave i do the same for my face

i find that if you wet your whole face + neck and apply any kind of shaving foam or cleanser and you dont shave it off and then rinse it off quickly you get dry(er) skin well for me anyway i allways got dry skin when shaving but now i shave in parts its 100% better and i dont get dry skin :)

Dans cleanser is the best thing that I have ever used for shaving, after years of trying all sorts of expensive products this one is by far the best.

I have bought one of those anti-fog shower mirrors, shaving in the shower makes a big difference and the hotter with more steam the better. I have a hot steaming shower and leave shaving until last. I use a couple of pumps of Dans cleanser, rub it to a lather in my hands and then massage onto face. Shave with downward strokes and never against the grain of the hair using a quality razer. I only shave in downward strokes on all of my face and the middle of my neck. On the sides of my neck I shave across from the middle to the sides as thats the way my hairs grow. Shaving in one direction never gives as close shave but I would rather shave every day than comeout into a rash.