Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Up X Front

working at a pizza place?

I applied at Pizza Hut to answer the phones and take orders and fold boxes. I also work in the mall with clothes and i go to school. Will any of those activities effect my acne?

I applied at Pizza Hut to answer the phones and take orders and fold boxes. I also work in the mall with clothes and i go to school. Will any of those activities effect my acne?

Yes and no.

I worked at Papa John's Pizza for 9 months answering phones and folding boxes most of the time. I didn't notice any difference in my skin's condition, just don't let the phone touch your face if you can help it. And especially don't touch your face if your fingers have grease on them (probably a no brainer, lol).

:shock: I used to work at Pizza Hut. First of all, if you think that you'll end up only doing boxes and phones...think again. Unless of course you are working in a take out and are a driver. Otherwise you will be making food, cutting, prepping, breaking down etc..all that sorts of stuff.

Anyways, Yes you might break out I had a pretty bad breakout last summer, not sure if it was due to the hut or not but I would take breaks from work over the year and my skin would be fine. On returning I always seemed to break out. There's like a grease in the air just from all the oiling that's done in there. Plus when you're on the cut table working with hot food that is cooked in oil it really doesn't help. If you have really sensitive skin you might, but if not you could be just fine. A lot of the people I worked with were fine, they really didn't have any acne..I just have very sensitive skin and anything in the air makes me breakout. I go to nyc and breakout just walking around. Like I start breaking out while I'm there. It's pretty bad.

The whole school and work thing may get you a little stressed, especially with two jobs. If you aren't easily stressed than that's good, but the stress factor may cause acne. If you find you can't balance school and two jobs and it's showing in your skin...definitely take time off or stick to one job.

If I were you, don't worry about your skin yet. I'm sure you'll be fine. Also, it's really fun working there...as long as you can handle customers and co-workers it is fun. :lol:

well if you are noticing that u are affected by them then u should not work there. I have worked at a fast food before and my acne got worse because of the bad stuff in the air and ur pores jes gets clogged. I guess it depends on ur skin. but i rec. to use dans regimen.

If you stay away from kitchins you should be fine, and i dont think pizza Hut is anything like macdonalds so you shouldnt be gettin any of the fumes from the fryers blowing in your face

I think its a fact that working in any steamy or sweaty enviorment like a kitchin cant be good for your skin

Yeah i understand all of your post. I will see how it works out and hopefully i will not break out. I'm not easily stressed and it is with my friends.