Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
introvert

How long do your red marks last?

Reading from previous posts, it seems that ppl are usually more concerned with the red marks that's left once their acne subsides rather than the acne itself.

So how long do your red marks last?

I know there will be various answers, but try to state the average length of time it takes for your red marks to disappear.

What's weird is that when I lived in Hawaii my red marks would disappear within a week, even if I popped the pimple so I was very fortunate then. Now that I've moved to a colder/drier climate, my red marks that started over a month ago are still lingering around.

Yeah the sun tends to help. I've heard 100% disappearance in 6months to 12 months. Maybe even less. I'm pretty sure that they'll be gone by 12 months...

you can try little home-remedies posted under the 'scar treatments' section of this site.

Gluck

I still have red marks from acne over a year old...well, they're not quite red marks, but you can tell I had acne there. This is what I get for being Asian. sad.gif

I feel like my red marks take forever to go away, and just when all of them faded and were gone, I broke out again and they all came back (even worse then last time) Will hydroquinone work for this? What about microdermabrasion, will this help with the red marks?

Mine didn't usually last that long, but I just wanted to say that the reason they were gone in a week, is because the sun evens out your skin tone by tanning it, and making it all the same color. I don't think they actually went away any quicker.

Don't make go into a rant about sun damage. lol

I hated red, blotchy skin more than I hated the actually pimple. If pimples were the color of my skin tone, I wouldn't have cared as much.