Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick_1

At what age does the average person grow out of Acne?

I was told I would grow out of it when I was 18-19, Im currently 17 and just hopening my skin clears up before i go to college next year.

I am doing the dip regimen at the moment and if it doesnt work I will try proactive. My acne is about halfway between mild and moderate. I only get little whiteheads and a scratch them off whenever they come up so I have red marks.

I wouldn't recomend scratching your zits off. Might leave things worse in the end.

Continue with the DIP regime, healthy excerise and eating. Also try not to eat without getting oils and grub all over your face, and don't touch zits too much.

Hopefully, with this, you should clear very soon.

Some people get over acne within a year or two. Thats the very common and mild cases. Though it can lead into later life and in rare cases into your 40's.

Males typically grow out of their acne in their mid 20's. Females are harder to predict . This doesn't mean wait till you grow out of it. Continue seeking treatment! And just becasue that's the average doesn't mean that's when you will grow out of it.

I was told I would grow out of it when I was 18-19, Im currently 17 and just hopening my skin clears up before i go to college next year.

I am doing the dip regimen at the moment and if it doesnt work I will try proactive. My acne is about halfway between mild and moderate. I only get little whiteheads and a scratch them off whenever they come up so I have red marks.

From my experiences and from information I gathered around the internet, people have an easier time of growing out of acne when they dont use chemicals such as BP... i'm not so sure about retinoids. For whatever reason it seems as if BP kinda holds off the growing out of acne stage. Be gentle with your face and it might make your acne seem less noticeable and hopefully you'll see it clear up some.

i've heard about 25. it's seems to be about right for the majority of people i see. i'm 21 and i've still got it but it's definitely a lot less now. i think that has to do with me taking an active stand against it though. i tried for a while to lay down my guard and see if maybe i had grown out of it a little. none such luck. i had nightmares of high school again. oh well, just have to keep up my regimen so far. i guess i'll know when sometime in my twenties maybe i'm on a camping trip or something and i come back after a week with no acne. "hey maybe i can just wash my face once a day in the shower with soap and water and go to sleep like every normal person." "maybe i can stop carrying and bag of vitamins around in my pocket when i go out to eat or stay the night at someone's house." "maybe i can stop taking an 30 minutes on my regimen every morning and start waking up 15 before work like everyone else"

anyway, good luck

I started getting pimples when I was about 16-17. Everyone told me I would grow out of it, but nope, it has gotten WORSE and WORSE. When I turned 18 I erupted in nodules, papules, whiteheads, blackheads, etc. I am now 21 and I am still battling with Acne. Sometimes my pimples will go away but I am left with all the redness and scars from the nodules.

Guest molly_jean_comments

I didnt know there was such thing as the average age to grow out of acne. There are people who still have acne in their fourties.

many of my friends got pretty bad acne in grade 10-11-12 (15-16-17 years old).

Now, they are all clear.

Me, I was clear up until grade 12. I broke out badly. Somehow I got it under control during 1st year of university.

Now, its worse than ever, 2nd year university (19 years old).

I feel that I have now control over my acne again....though my face is still horrible looking..im guessing will take at least 4 months to heal up nicely.

My older brother has really mild acne, hes 21.

On my hockey team, theres only 1 other guy with acne, every1 else is clear, were all around 18-21 years old.

From what Ive experienced, most of the acne ive seen was in 15-16-17 year olds. I hit puberty real late so mayb thats why i have acne at 19 years old. Im still not finished developping. I figure, once im fully developped, my body should stop producing so much oil and my acne mayb die down as a result.

Most people i know around my age 18-21 are clear. I would say thats about the time when you would be growing out of it.

Don't go by age, I'm 21 and still having to go through acne, though after two years, I'm now able to somewhat...control my acne. I don't break out as much as I use to, but when I do breakout man its bad, but at least its not as often, so I'll take that.

Yeah get your acne undercontrol NOW so your not hurting later in life. Figure out what keeps you clear now so you can keep doing it! :cool:

I don't think its by age.

In my teen years I would get the odd pimple but never had a problem and usually had a clear face...

When I turned 20 is when this mess began... it has been improving of late but it definately isn't based on age.

I'm not sure I agree, whilst adultds do get acne, its been pretty proven that the worst is between 14-21 with 12-14 and 21-24 being the trail in and trail off periods, AS A WHOLE. Due to the hormonal changes.

Its not always like that, but the vast majority of people will find they clear up a lot as they get older. Im 21 and have noticed at times I have p[eriods of days maybe even up to a week without a single spot.But then Ill have breakouts now and then still.

-Rob

Hi

Some people dont grow out of it, I think it depends on what the reason for their acne is. Is it genetics, hormonal, diet etc

It's different for everybody, some people clear up when they're 19 and some have it throughout their whole life. :evil:

Guest Locked In Grace

I think it relates to one's sexual maturity (in a chemical/biological sense), hormones are often the largest factor. My body's sexual maturity at 22, for example, could very well be the same as anothers at 18. That's just my take.