Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SemenSkinRegimen

Laser Hair Removal - Male Beard

Any guys had experience with laser hair removal on their beards? Was it patchy?

Here is why I had it:

Pic 1: Pseudofolliculitis all over my face

Pic 2: Acne Keloidalis nuchae on my neck

post-43967-1166139078_thumb.jpg

post-43967-1166139083_thumb.jpg

post-43967-1166139078_thumb.jpg

post-43967-1166139083_thumb.jpg

I saw a before/after pic of a guy who had had it done. Before - spots on the neck. After - still spots on the neck. You need to experiment with your ideal way of shaving - blade, electric, stretch skin, before or after shower etc instead of going for laser hair removal.

I had my full face done too - everything

i think i've gone for about 8 sessions, but i think i need to stop for a while so i can get started on accutane. i'm not sure if the laser hair treatment caused my acne or if its just a coincidence. i would say that my facial hair grows back at about 50% what it used to and is uneven in certain spots. i think i regret ever getting started with it to be honest with you

i'd love to hear more people chime in on this...

Errmmmm........ How about having a CLEAN SHAVE??? :think: How are you getting rid of the uneven spots???.

Go ask this "MAN" if he believes the beard is the cause of acne.

987329269.jpg

What a joke.

I guess I have too much respect for the male beard, a true male characteristic, as mine is looking close to the guys in the picture everyday, but I'm a rebel, well so is that guy, but mine is not even groomed but left to grow like jesus's. FULL BEARD, FULL MAN, All dayyyyyyy long. I know for a fact my beard never caused my acne but the excess hormones & crap in my blood that my shitty genetically gifted weak liver was unable to handle. When I controlled that, my skin was clear. That is the diff. Hormone control & purifying the blood from shitty food sources & eliminating them. Acne sufferers need to make alot of sacrifices in there lives to beat it or be e left scarred for the rest of there lives, but trust me, lasering the beard???, shit, that ain't one.

haaa lazer treatments for facial hair .....man....as a guy i dont see the point of of that at all.....

If he has chronic ingrown hairs - that's a reason. I used to have that bad - ingrown hairs and razor bumps all the time. I moved to a good electric razor, and started shaving once every 2 or 3 days. Problem solved.

haaa lazer treatments for facial hair .....man....as a guy i dont see the point of of that at all.....

If he has chronic ingrown hairs - that's a reason. I used to have that bad - ingrown hairs and razor bumps all the time. I moved to a good electric razor, and started shaving once every 2 or 3 days. Problem solved.

Yes, I switched to an electric shave once a week (using the expensive Norelco rotary one). It has helped much more than laser.

It's a shame because no doctor ever recommended that. They always gave me creams or told me to shave with a bump razorblade or single blade razor--both of which just made it worse.

I had my full face done too - everything

i think i've gone for about 8 sessions, but i think i need to stop for a while so i can get started on accutane. i'm not sure if the laser hair treatment caused my acne or if its just a coincidence. i would say that my facial hair grows back at about 50% what it used to and is uneven in certain spots. i think i regret ever getting started with it to be honest with you

i'd love to hear more people chime in on this...

I really had no acne before laser. Maybe the occasional whitehead.

I think laser definately caused it to flame up. I had to go on accutane to get it back to normal.