Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jasmine5895

accutane and scar treatment

jasmine: I would take Accutane first. I like you initially wanted to go straight ahead with scar treatment. But when I realized I was still breaking out, I decided that I needed to take care of my acne first. I hadn't tried Accutane yet so I gave it a shot. It worked, but the acne now has come back, though only slightly because I am back on antibiotics. Since scar treatments cost a lot of money and the most effective ones tend to cost a couple thousand, I would suggest to go on Accutane first-prevent new acne so you don't scar anymore. During this time and the 6 month minimum wait for scar treatment, start saving up money so that you will have more than enough for the scar treatment you want the most. I did that and forked out $2000 for Coolglide Laser this past summer-money I saved up from working during the school year. The wait time sucks, but there is a reason. Good Luck. smile.gif

i only have one tiny scar from my acne, but i have a lot of red marks. and since i've gotten on accutane, i've gotten more redmarks, even though now i'm basically back to a normal single-colored face. but my plan since the beginning was to go on my course of accutane, wait 6 months, then do microdermabrasion to even out my skin.