Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mark22

papaya for scars

when i was in the philippines this summer, i bought 20 bars of papaya equivalent to 20 dollars.. the exchange rates were great..

only works well once your face is completely cleared.. i used to use it as an "eraser" for scars.. it worked nicely and faded the marks less than 10 days.. however, i wouldn`t suggest it being used while there`s still fresh pimples on your face.. breakouts may occur..

and since it`s a lightening soap, you should also focus on the rest of your body if you want a proportional skin color.. i`ve gotten remarks on how my face was lighter than my body [esp in the summer]

- -- just from my experience

I still haven't been able to understand why the papaya soap--if it is an EXFOLIATOR--is not to be used on acne-prone skin. I thought the use of exfoliators help to keep the skin clear. It seems ambiguous to me. Can someone please explain? Thanks.

I still haven't been able to understand why the papaya soap--if it is an EXFOLIATOR--is not to be used on acne-prone skin. I thought the use of exfoliators help to keep the skin clear. It seems ambiguous to me. Can someone please explain? Thanks.

Hi:

I'vd used Curryboy's soap & enjoyed it (along with my tca cleanser).

It didn't seemed to iritated my skin & helped with a blemish that I'vd had.

Also the colouring in my complexion seems to me more of a rosier (healthier) glow. Though that is from my perception others may differed.

~ Sapphina

Got my soap a few days ago and my goodness I have to say it works great. I had used the perfect complextion tca last week for 3 days and this week for 1 day. The flakes came really fast after using the soap without steaming my face. This soap also lathers well. Also, want to mention it hardens fairly quickly so it probably won't dissolve that fast. Great deal for 8 bucks. The perfect complextion tca and this stuff really work. I've got some hyper-pigmentation along my jaw and I already see it's fading. Yipee. biggrin.gif

For sales questions, you can just PM me or email me. I will be listing them soon, but it will not start at 99 cents anymore. It will be sold for the usual $8. But please continue leaving comments on the product. I'm glad most of you guys are enjoying it.

Guest Scorpioness

Planetpinas.com rakes you over the coals in shipping charges. It's cheaper to get a bar from curryboy.

Anyway, I have used Curryboy's Papaya Soap and it's great. I used it once on my face and could not believe how clean, fresh and soft my face felt. I am also, per Maya's suggestion, using it as a body exfoliator. It works great. In a week, I am going to be using the TCA perfecting complex and I of course will be using the soap in conjunction. I will post my results.

I bought some of that Papaya soap from the Bodyshop - I don't think it's any good to be honest. Dries my skin out but that's it.

I aught to buy some of that phillipino soap off Ebay. :-k Curryboy - you should start a proper business so we can all get some. biggrin.gif

Are you guys using the soap morning and night? and after cleanser?

Ive been just using it a night because worried about over-exfoliating, but if feels so good on my skin want to use it morning as well?

Thanks Curryboy as well! great product!!

I have been using it morning and night AS a cleanser. It cleanses very well. I would worry about over drying if I used another cleanser in addition. I only leave it on for 30 seconds, and if I feel my skin is sensitive I just leave it on for the time it takes to rinse it off.. I just gage my skin and where it is that day. So far so good smile.gif My acne is continuing to improve, and I have had no new breakouts since I started using this a week or two ago. The only pimples I get are the ones that have been already there under the surface. I wouldn't stress about using this with acne, but I also wouldn't count on it being the answer to acne.. I don't think it causes breakouts.

Thanks Amoira! I only use the cleanser as well because I wear make up and worry about clogging pores, do you think its ok to get rid of make up?

I think it works great... but I have recently discovered that I need to avoid getting this soap on my eye lids as it is a bit harsh for them. So if you could just use something more gentle on your eyes, and then the curry boy soap on the rest of your skin it get sqeeky clean believe me smile.gif

hi , while mandelic acid is improving my skin tone and makes my acne scars shallower, what can papaya soap do for us regarding to acne scars? I have pure derming gel , , mandelic acid , lactic acid and AHA mini peel already , should i also purcase papaya soap and try it out ? Does it help with minor wrinkles, acne scars and skin tone ? If yes , in comparison to products like mandelic acid , pure derming gel and so on , which works the best ? Thank you

I can't use this too often on my face as it creates too much flaky peeling... one to two times a week at most.

As a body exfoliator, I use it every day! biggrin.gif I did have some ingrown hairs on my legs but they have gone and my legs do feel incredibly smooth now. What a great find, and only $8 for a bar which I find very easy to lather.

This is a total keeper as a body exfoliator - please try it if you want smooth skin! biggrin.gif

I second Maya's statement. As a body exfoliator it is absolute perfection! I can't stop touching my skin. biggrin.gif/

Anna

This soap is good for getting rid of flaky skin, right?

I want to use it after my TCA comlpex Will it help to get rid of the flaky skin quicker?